Focal Point Banner
Community Center Education Summit Technical Support User Groups
Let's Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Upgraded from 7.1.7 to 7.6.5 and now get error
Go
New
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Upgraded from 7.1.7 to 7.6.5 and now get error
 Login/Join
 
Platinum Member
posted
So I just upgraded my development environment from 7.1.7 to 7.6.5 and most went smoothly.

I have a self service environment and a dashboard setup, everything runs fine out of the dashboard but now when I try and run reports out of our self service environment I get an error saying "'null' is null or not an object" (reports are be run from a parameterized HTML launch page).

If I goto into debug the line it breaks on in the ibirls2.js file is this: (this is in the GetAmpersValue2() function)

operation = inputFirst.getAttribute("operation");

Any ideas?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: .eric,


dev: WF 7.6.5 w/IIS + Tomcat

prod: WF 7.6.5 w/IIS + Tomcat
 
Posts: 153 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
BTW ... if I used the ibirls2.js file from my 717 version the reports work fine. Anyone know what is causing this?


dev: WF 7.6.5 w/IIS + Tomcat

prod: WF 7.6.5 w/IIS + Tomcat
 
Posts: 153 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If you will do a search with 7.6 as the subject on the Forum...you will find lots of discussion on different errors from converting that may give you some ideas.


In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003
 
Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I have been since yesterday but haven't come across anyone with this error yet, I will keep looking though.


dev: WF 7.6.5 w/IIS + Tomcat

prod: WF 7.6.5 w/IIS + Tomcat
 
Posts: 153 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Eric,

As Praire suggested, do a find on ibirls2.js or ibirls2; your answer may be in those threads...Tom


Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe
 
Posts: 1961 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Try opening the html page in the HTML Layout Painter and then re-saving it. See if that helps you at all.


Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
 
Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GinnyJakes:
Try opening the html page in the HTML Layout Painter and then re-saving it. See if that helps you at all.


It's actually a fex file with -HTMLFORM inside of it because I run a few includes to populate dropdowns before loading.

Anyway I did find out what was wrong/changed...

In 7.6.5 they changed the line:
var inputs = document.getElementsByName(variableName);

to:
var inputs = getElementsByName(variableName);

So I added the "document." back in and all works now...weird.


dev: WF 7.6.5 w/IIS + Tomcat

prod: WF 7.6.5 w/IIS + Tomcat
 
Posts: 153 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Upgraded from 7.1.7 to 7.6.5 and now get error

Copyright © 1996-2018 Information Builders, leaders in enterprise business intelligence.