Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] onchange event for tree control

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] onchange event for tree control
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hello all,
could anybody tell me what event for tree control is equivalent for onchange?
(event onblur works incorrectly for this control)

Thank you

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8.0.0.8, 8.2.0.3
Windows, All Outputs

<Kathryn Henning>
posted
Hi Oly,

If you can post some of your code and describe what isn't working, perhaps someone can assist you with this.

Regards,

Kathryn

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
We're facing the same problem; at least, I think so...

We created a launch-page with a tree-control in it. To save space, we want to collapse the tree-control once a selection has been made. We do want to display the selected item somewhere in the form though, or the user won't be able to see what's selected.

Now, when you look at the events tab for a tree control in Dev Studio, there is no onchange event line.

Worse, it turns out that the onclick event (for which there is a line in the events tab) is not working on the radio buttons in the tree control, but on the span-tag containing the tree control - an effect of that is that when the onclick event (on the span tag) fires, the selected radio button hasn't been marked 'checked' yet.

Therefore, attempting to figure out the selected radio button in the onclick event of the tree-control will yield you the previous selection and not the current one! (That was a fun one to figure out...)

I attempted to apply a click event handler to all the radio buttons in the tree control using JQuery, which works for the first level. However, apparently deeper nested levels haven't been added to the DOM at that point, so those won't have the event attached either...

For us, the question boils down to this: How do we obtain the text of the label of the selected radio button in a tree control at the moment it gets selected?

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I just did something like this yesterday.

I set up a javascript variable to house the "old" value of the tree. (My tree had 7 levels)

var oldVal = '';

Then - in my tree control - On click - I compare the new values - to the old value - and if they are different - I do "stuff" like you would an on change.

function multisourcetreecontrol1_onclick(ctrl) {	
	var val = IbComposer_getAllAmpersValues();
	if(oldVal != val)
	{		
		//alert('in multisourcetreecontrol1_onclick - data changed');
		oldVal = val;
		blankYourBadSelf();
	}	
}

In my case - I just called a function to blank out the report so it's clear to the end user that they click something new in the tree.

Hopefully you can use something like this.

webFOCUS 8207.15
WindowsServer 2019

Posts: 120 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: August 26, 2013Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
IbComposer_getAllAmpersValues();

That appears to be a WF8 function. I tried finding equivalent functionality using the tech library, but all the search results point to WF8...

What is the function to retrieve the selected value of a tree control in WF77?
Is it at all possible in the the tech library to search within a specific version of a product?

It would help a great deal if we could jump from a documentation page for one version to the same page for another version (if applicable, obviously).

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I just found IbComposer_getCurrentSelection.

Unfortunately, on click it returns the previous selection, not the current one. Same for the mouseup event. Apparently the new selection doesn't get set in time for the event to notice the change.