Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-] *.xls reports distributed by Library and Excel 2010 always cause login dialog

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-] *.xls reports distributed by Library and Excel 2010 always cause login dialog
 Login/Join

posted
Several of our analysts have complained since being upgraded to Excel 2010 that they are asked for credentials up to 3x when clicking on Report Library links in their email. I found this bit of information in WebFOCUS' documentation:

---
When running requests against Reporting Servers with security ON or against Managed Reporting, you are prompted to sign on again.
The sign on prompt will not reoccur if the same IE (Internet Explorer) session is used to run subsequent requests.

This issue also occurs with Windows Vista and it is addressed in releases 7.6.11 and higher.
---

Is this the same issue? Is anyone else experiencing this? It's not as if it's a game-changing problem, but it is certainly an annoyance I don't want to thrust upon our general user population in the near future if it can be avoided (without a WebFOCUS upgrade, that is).

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Test & Prod: WF 7.6.9 | Server OS: Windows Server 2003 | Web Server: Apache Tomcat/6.0.20 | Components: Managed Reporting, Report Caster

Posts: 13 | Location: Missouri | Registered: September 25, 2008Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Todd,

From our technicals: This is caused by the new authentication requirements put in place by Microsoft in their products (Excel 2010 and Windows 7).
One way to get around it for now is use a configuration that involves IIS and IWA. For the detailed configuation, it would be suggested that you open a case with Customer Support Services for assistance. Please either call at 1-800-736-6130, or access online at InfoResponse.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Kerry,

Thank you; I'm contacting customer service to hopefully resolve this issue. I should point out, however, that I was able to replicate the issue on a Windows XP box with Office 2010 (Excel); it doesn't appear to be linked to Windows 7--or at least, it also appears in other versions of Windows. Office 2010 seems to be the crux.

Again, thanks!

Edit: Oh... and we don't use IIS in conjunction with WebFOCUS at all; the entire set up is perched on Tomcat.

Test & Prod: WF 7.6.9 | Server OS: Windows Server 2003 | Web Server: Apache Tomcat/6.0.20 | Components: Managed Reporting, Report Caster

posted Hide Post
Well, customer service had no idea what I was talking about. They told me "IIS would not be an option -- at this point EXCEL 2010 is still in the process of being tested and certified." Would you care to elaborate on your definition of the IIS/IWA workaround?