Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Hyperlink to .fex does not work in Excel when using report caster

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Hyperlink to .fex does not work in Excel when using report caster
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I have report which generates the link which calls another .fex and show the appropriate data. I can run the report in excel format, save it on my desktop and link work fine. But when I have the report schedules and sent to my mailbox, the links don't work.

When using the report from WebFOCUS and saving to desktop.

Then URL of the link shows as follows:

http://namswirvg007/ibi_apps/W...7&INVOICE=2557284461.

When using report caster version of excel:

C:/ibi_apps/WFServlet%3fIBIF_webapp=/&IBIC_server=FINPRMPT&IBIWF_msgviewer=OFF&IBIMR_drill=X,hapfinan/hapfinan.htm&IBIF_ex=app/essapimg.fex&CLICKED_ON=&VENDOR=5140627&INVOICE=2557284461

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kpiracha,

WebFOCUS 7.6.9
Windows 2003
HTML, Plain Text

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Add this line of code at the top of your fex..

SET FOCEXURL = http://server/ibi_apps/WFServlet

thanks
Sashanka

WF 7.7.03/Windows/HTML,PDF,EXL
POC/local Dev Studio 7.7.03 & 7.6.11

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

I went ahead and added the SET FOCEXURL = http://namswirvg007/ibi_apps/WFServlet;

Ran the report and did see the link updated with the new URL but when I click the link, it threw an error the followng error:

(FOC227) THE FOCEXEC PROCEDURE CANNOT BE FOUND: app/essapimg.fex

The updated URL is as follows:

[url=http://namswirvg007/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_ex=app/essapimg.fex&CLICKED_ON=&VENDOR=5140627&INVOICE=2557284461]

I checked the URL that I get when running it in WebFOCUS directly and it is as follows:

[url=http://namswirvg007/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_webapp=/ibi_apps&IBIC_server=FINPRMPT&IBIWF_msgviewer=OFF&IBIAPP_app=JOWSEC%20HANSON%20WFGLMETA&&IBIMR_drill=X,hapfinan/hapfinan.htm&IBIF_ex=app/essapimg.fex&CLICKED_ON=&VENDOR=5140627&INVOICE=2557284461]

It looks like it is missing quite a few parameter. Actually to be correct it is missing the following"

IBIF_webapp=/ibi_apps&IBIC_server=FINPRMPT&IBIWF_msgviewer=OFF&IBIAPP_app=JOWSEC%20HANSON%20WFGLMETA&&IBIMR_drill=X,hapfinan/hapfinan.htm&

WebFOCUS 7.6.9
Windows 2003
HTML, Plain Text

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

You should provide the MRE related params also:

-SET &FOCEXURL = '/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_webapp=/ibi_apps&|IBIC_server=SERVERNAME&|IBIWF_msgviewer=OFF&|&|IBIMR_drill=X,domainname/domainname.htm&|';
SET FOCEXURL = &FOCEXURL

thanks
Sashanka

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I see. Let me try that.

WebFOCUS 7.6.9
Windows 2003
HTML, Plain Text

Gold member
posted Hide Post
It worked!! you are genious. Thanks so much.

WebFOCUS 7.6.9
Windows 2003
HTML, Plain Text

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Severus.snape:
Hi,

You should provide the MRE related params also:

-SET &FOCEXURL = '/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_webapp=/ibi_apps&|IBIC_server=SERVERNAME&|IBIWF_msgviewer=OFF&|&|IBIMR_drill=X,domainname/domainname.htm&|';
SET FOCEXURL = &FOCEXURL

Great code, but could you give us the logic behind: "/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_webapp=/ibi_apps&|IBIC_server=SERVERNAME&|IBIWF_msgviewer=OFF&|&|IBIMR_drill=X,domainname/domainname.htm&|';" ?

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Nothing special/great about the code..when you have drill down in a report using the FOCEXEC attribute in WF stylesheet the path reference is relative and it works fine as long as you have logged in session with the server.
Thru RC when you download the excel the link is relative to the machine on which the excel resides.
Having this FOCEXURL points the link to the absolute file. If the fex sits on reporting server all the extra MRE related params are not required.

thanks
Sashanka