Focal Point Banner
Community Center Education Summit Technical Support User Groups
Let's Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Banner with background color in the heading of a chart
Go
New
Search
Notify
Tools

Banner with background color in the heading of a chart
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi,

I am trying to create a blue background color for heading of a chart. I have 2 lines in my heading like
"Profit Amount is $100K"
"Budget Amount is $ 20K"
when I give the background color in the style sheet, It just colors the background till the end of these lines. But, I would like to extend this background color through the width of the chart like a banner. Is it possible to do some styling within in the chart to achieve this?? Please let me know if you have any inputs on this. Thank you.

Note: I tried using &|nbsp to add space, then the heading background color is not uniform. It is like having two separate lines with color or I might be missing something with &|nbsp.

Regards
BI DEV

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BI Dev,

Webfocus 8105/8202
Windows
All Outputs

Posts: 68 | Registered: June 26, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
You could try HEADALIGN=BODY, in your styling

Test: WF 8.2
Prod: WF 8.2
DB: Progress, REST, IBM UniVerse/UniData, SQLServer, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Greenplum, Athena.

Posts: 403 | Location: Europe | Registered: February 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Try COLSPAN=(# of columns in your report).

WebFOCUS 8

Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 43 | Location: Phoenix | Registered: March 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Frans,

It did not work for extending the background coloring of the HEADING of a CHART till the end of the chart.

quote:
Originally posted by Frans:
You could try HEADALIGN=BODY, in your styling

Webfocus 8105/8202
Windows
All Outputs

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Is there a way to achieve this using an external css in the graph and use a css class for the heading? or Should I use HTML form?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BI Dev,

Webfocus 8105/8202
Windows
All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Please show all of your "TYPE=HEADING" lines in your style section. For this, all you should need is "TYPE=HEADING, BACKCOLOR=RGB(170 200 230), $". comment out, or delete, the rest of the "TYPE=HEADING" lines

Posts: 3021 | Location: Middle Tennessee [8204M Gen48 in Test&Prod] | Registered: February 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post