As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only. Moving forward, myibi is our community platform to learn, share, and collaborate. We have the same Focal Point forum categories in myibi, so you can continue to have all new conversations there. If you need access to myibi, contact us at email@example.com and provide your corporate email address, company, and name.
I just set up a test, it burst alright, separate sheet for each area, but no data in the sheets, so may play further, the report runs to exl2k in mre okay, but isn't really formated for excel in the normal look of things. Interesting.
Oh and I did the test on WIN using 7.2, need to update my signature.
Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004
I've seen this question on the forum a lot. And users in my shop ask about doing this themselves from time to time. Where as ReportCaster (at least in my experience) will not burst a compound report in excel, I have created a work around using ETL. Essentially what I do is I create the report with variables in my where statements to control the burst values that I read off either a table or a flat file. I then schedule it in ReportCaster and update the variables and email addresses. I create a loop in ETL that goes through each burst value one by one, there by having reportcaster actually sending out a non bursted report. I talk about what I did here in this thread