Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] App Studio v8.0.09 is available, but...

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] App Studio v8.0.09 is available, but...
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
In a recent comment, (Reorder Tabs in WindowPanel in HTML Composer) David Glick stated
quote:
You do not have to upgrade WebFOCUS, although it would be better if you can since then both parts will have the same level of functionality.
but the WF 8.0.09 release notes state
quote:
The WebFOCUS Client 8.0.09 and App Studio are certified with and require the Reporting Server 8.0.09M gen 177.
We're having a rather painful upgrade from WF 7.7.05 to WF 8.0.08 and do not want to throw WF 8.0.09 into the mix. But, since App Studio 8.0.08 has so many bugs, I'd like to give App Studio 8.0.09 a spin because a lot of the bugs are apparently fixed.

What to do?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
<Kathryn Henning>
posted
Hi Francis,

Since the first release of App Studio was 8.0.07, it must be used with at least WebFOCUS 8.0.07. It is always best to have the Reporting Server and WebFOCUS Client at the same release and same level of functionality. Since you're wanting to try App Studio 8.0.09, it's best to also upgrade the WebFOCUS Server to 8.0.09.

Cheers!

Kathryn

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Bummer. I too saw the post that lead me to believe that I could upgrade App Studio (to also address some bugs that are challenging) - without upgrading webFOUCS itself.

webFOCUS 8207.15
WindowsServer 2019

Posts: 120 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: August 26, 2013Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
How many organizations jump up and upgrade their server every time there is a new release? We have five environments and it is extremely expensive, time wise, to upgrade. You never know what could go wrong. It would have been nice to have all the bugs in App Studio fixed before upgrading it with "new features" that will only work with the new version of the server.

We'll have to work with the crippled version of App Studio for a while - no plans on upgrading WF 8.0.09 during our painful upgrade to WF 8.0.08.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Francis,

This is what "continuous release model" provides....bug fixes from previous releases and introduction of new bugs because new features are rolled in. We used to chase after this starting in 5.3.2 then 5.3.3 then 7 then 7.1 then 7.1.3 then 7.6.0 then 7.6.2 then 7.6.4 (that was excruciatingly painful will over 100 new features) then 7.6.8 then 7.6.9 -- stayed at that for our conversion to Peoplesoft and stopped chasing after bug fixes on new releases -- for a bit.

Then we went to 7.7.02 , then 7.7.04 then finally version 8, part of the "early adopters" (8.0.0, then 8.0.02, 8.0.02M, 8.0.05M). We tried 8.0.08M but had to roll back. Now we're planning to jump to 8.0.09 in the Nov timeframe.

It's been quite the rollercoaster, at times we've felt that we've been a substitute for QA. This is why I've advocated (minor.sub-minor) releases to be bug fixes only, and have advocated modularizing the code base more, at least on Dev Studio/App Studio.

You asked, I gave a candid response.

Dan in Omaha

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rigel7,

WebFOCUS 8.8.05M (Prod)/8.0.09(Sandbox) Windows

Posts: 56 | Location: Omaha, Ne USA | Registered: October 15, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
We won't be rushing off to WF v8.0.09 any time soon so I'll have to live with App Studio v8.0.08.

I took a two-day course on Reporting Essentials with App Studio v8.0.08 and everyone in the class had some issues - crashes, unable to save a fex due to lost connections, executing a report returning XML instead of a report...

Francis

<Emily Duensing>
posted
Francis,

The problems you describe you encountered during class are due to the known JSESSIONID issue and are, unfortunately exacerbated by the virtual environments in which we teach our classes. The unable to save, getting XML on an execute, etc. are all lost JSESSIONID issues that are fixed in 8.0.09. We are moving as quickly as possible to 8.0.09 to avoid these issues during classes.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
How about a hot fix to correct the bugs in App Studio v8.0.08?

Francis