Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Subtotals display incorrect distinct count

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Subtotals display incorrect distinct count
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I have a report that needs to display the count of distinct primaryfolders in the subtotal line. However when I code this as I did below per examples I found online, I do not get the correct primaryfolders count, it is displaying a count of the documentname, not the primaryfolders . What am I missing here?

Can someone please give me a better example of HOW to display ONLY the distinct count of PRIMARYFOLDERs in the subtotal line. I ONLY want to display the count in the subtotal line, no count the report itself.
THANK U

TABLE FILE STORAGEDETAIL
PRINT
ANSWERSET1.PARENTFOLDER
ANSWERSET1.PRIMARYFOLDER
ANSWERSET1.DOCUMENTNAME
ANSWERSET1.TOTALMB
ANSWERSET1.CREATEDDTTM
ON TABLE HOLD AS HOLD1
END

TABLE FILE HOLD1
SUM
COMPUTE CNT1/I3 WITH PARENTFOLDER = CNT.DST.PRIMARYFOLDER; AS ''
DOCUMENTNAME AS 'Document Name'
TOTALMB/D20.4 AS 'MB'
CREATEDDTTM/HMDYY AS 'Created Date'
BY LOWEST PARENTFOLDER AS 'Folder Name'
BY LOWEST PRIMARYFOLDER AS 'Primary,Folder Name'
BY LOWEST DOCUMENTNAME NOPRINT
BY LOWEST CREATEDDTTM NOPRINT
ON CNT1 SUBTOTAL AS 'Subtotal'

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
display the count of distinct primaryfolders in the subtotal line

the count of distinct primaryfolders within what? As it stands, it's within each sort-break of
PARENTFOLDER, PRIMARYFOLDER, DOCUMENTNAME, CREATEDDTTM
so it's =1 for each row, and on the subtotal or total lines it's effectively just a row count.

You probably need a two-verb request, along the lines of

sum cnt.dst.PRIMARYFOLDER

sum (or print) whatever
by whatever...
on table summarize

quote:
I ONLY want to display the count in the subtotal line, no count the report itself.

Once you get the numbers right, you can address rearranging the output (NOPRINT, SUBFOOT, ...).

- Jack Gross
WF through 8.1.05

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I want the count of distinct rows with the hold file in the subtotal line. I don't want it within the sort break, i'll try what u suggested.
thanks

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
This does not work for me, I can get the correct count for the primaryfolder when no other fields are added. However when I add the additional fields, the numbers are incorrect since they are sorting by each field I assume. IS there a example somewhere I can look @ to see how this works, I'm somewhat new to this & its somewhat confusing.
thanks

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry, the count of primary folders WITHIN the PARENTFOLDER is what I needed. THis is what I need to display on the subtotal line

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Then just add
by PARENTFOLDER
to the first verb:

sum cnt.dst.PRIMARYFOLDER
 by PARENTFOLDER 

sum (or print) whatever 
 by PARENTFOLDER 
 by whatever else...
on PARENTFOLDER subtotal
. . .

- Jack Gross
WF through 8.1.05

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you, I was able to get the results I needed.

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Don't forget to mark the ticket [Solved] per the Forum instructions.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 (Someday 8)
Windows 7, All Outputs
In Focus since 1983.