Focal Point
[SOLVED by case] Displaying the Gauge Glass

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/674106893

March 19, 2010, 04:24 PM
Craig R.
[SOLVED by case] Displaying the Gauge Glass
I'm studying up to use the gauge chart in an upcoming request. All the pics in the WebFOCUS Graphics manual show the gauge with a "glass" lens covering the dial. I like this effect, but I can't seem to get it to show! The only method I can see that deals with the gauge glass is called getGaugeGlass which, according to the manual, "returns the object ID of the glass in a gauge graph." I tried issuing a "setDisplay(getGaugeGlass(), true);" but no soap.

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Craig

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

v8.1.04, 64-bit Windows (Reporting Server), Apache Tomcat (Web/App Server), HTML, PDF, AHTML, Excel outputs
March 21, 2010, 04:47 PM
Waz
Check out setGaugeBackgroundStyle, its in the Graphics Manual, and you could also check out the Threed Graphics website for more details.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

March 30, 2010, 10:57 AM
Craig R.
Just to complete this string... I submitted this as a case, and the reply was that the glass no longer can be displayed. The effect will be deleted in the documentation pic. Case closed. (Oh, well!)

C.

v8.1.04, 64-bit Windows (Reporting Server), Apache Tomcat (Web/App Server), HTML, PDF, AHTML, Excel outputs
March 31, 2010, 04:10 PM
eb
Thanks Craig for finding that out. I've been using gauge graphs, and never figured out how to get the 'glass' effect. Now I know that its because its no longer a feature.

Erfan
WF 7.6.5 / BID / Info Assist / Report Caster

WF 7.6.5 / BID / Info Assist / Report Caster - HTML/PDF/EXCEL