Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Use of multiple Classess of CSS in a single element

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Use of multiple Classess of CSS in a single element
 Login/Join

posted
Hi All,
Can we use multiple classess of CSS in a single element? For example:

below are the 2 classess of my CSS.
table.striped .alt td, th {
	background-color:#EEEEEE;
	border-bottom:#999999;
	border-top:#999999;
}

.table .tableborder{
	border:1px solid #999999;
}

Now I am using the above 2 classes in a table tag.
<table class="striped tableborder">

Will the above tag have any effect? This tag is supposed to give alternate row color. But I am not getting alternate row color. Can anyone please help me in this regard?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6 , Windows XP
Excel, PDF,HTML

<JG>
posted
Trying to be too smart.

Just use the standard WebFOCUS stylesheet to set the alternate colour.

Edit.

Please use code tags when posting code.

You can probabley see what it's done to this post.

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You seem to have left out the tag in question, but yes, you can use multiple CSS classes on a tag. In HTML you would specify those as
<table class="striped tableborder">

In a WebFOCUS stylesheet you can use for example
TYPE=DATA, CLASS=striped tableborder, $

Note that those are currently limited to 23 characters (so you're cutting it close with those class names). We have an open case on that.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Wep5622,

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
JG and Wep5622, Thanks a lot for your replies. Smiler In fact this was my first post in the forum. Going forward I will use the code tags when posting code.

WebFOCUS 7.6 , Windows XP
Excel, PDF,HTML