Focal Point
[CLOSED] Where is the "Logoff" link on the ReportCaster page?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6747031436

October 14, 2013, 05:01 PM
Doug
[CLOSED] Where is the "Logoff" link on the ReportCaster page?
Where is the "Logoff" link on the ReportCaster page? Or, should I ask, how do I get it back. It's not there. However, there is a "Close" link. But that only does as it says: Close. It closes the page and, then, the next time the link to RC is accessed, it automatically goes in as the previous user which is OK if that's what you want. But, it doesn't prompt for the id/pw as would be the case if you wanted to log in as a different user. Clearing cache and history will clear enough "stuff" to allow the logon screen to prompt for id/pw. But, that's just not the way it should be done. Frowner

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug,

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206
October 17, 2013, 09:25 AM
Ian Dalton
Doug,
Have yuu tried restarting the RC service and has the user in question had any password changes lately ? We've had this a few times but eventaull it comes back.
Ian

October 18, 2013, 08:44 AM
Craig Thummel
Doug,
After I configured 7.7.03 Report Caster for Trusted sign-on that's when I noticed the missing log off link. I opened a case and IBI told me that that's the way it's designed. Like you, I didn't agree with that behavior.

8.8.09 - z/Linux (WF, Report Caster, Report Library).
Iway FFS on MVS (HFS)
October 18, 2013, 09:34 AM
RRKen
quote:
serv

We've seen missing/hidden RC links as well. It seems to be related to the version of java on the PC you are using; one user has the link but the next does not. I kept the page for 7.6.11 as well as 7.7.03 and give people both links....one generally works or the other.

8.2.03 AIX Client Windows Tomcat
DB2, Terradata, SQL, Oracle