Focal Point Banner
Community Center Education Summit Technical Support User Groups
Let's Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED - CANNOT BE DONE] APP LOCK in Profile
Go
New
Search
Notify
Tools

[CLOSED - CANNOT BE DONE] APP LOCK in Profile
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Does any once if/how you can use APP LOCK in a profile. I'm having an issue trying to do this. I't may be because I'm defined as a Server Admin and I read that for Server Admins this is dynamic and turned off. Is that correct?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TexasStingray,

Scott

Posts: 862 | Registered: May 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Kathryn Henning>
posted
Hi TexasStingray,

An Administrator can set up APP LOCK for user profiles to limit the Application directories that are displayed. The following document shows the steps to take. Please note that you'll need a login to InfoResponse Online to view this.

Cheers!

Kathryn

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Check out Restricting the Use of APP Commands. You don't necessarily edit their profiles directly, but you can set restrictions on users and groups (the Change Own Application Path setting).

Kathryn's link points to the same type of thing.

This can be done, just maybe not the way you thought...

WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08
Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08
App Studio 8.0.08
Windows 7
ALL Outputs

Posts: 402 | Location: Upland, IN | Registered: June 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post