Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Conditionally PRINT and COLOR SUBFOOTS lines

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Conditionally PRINT and COLOR SUBFOOTS lines
 Login/Join

posted
We have a detail data HTML report (Also PDF,XL,PPT,AHTML). The report has multiple SUBFOOT lines displaying the $ST.AMOUNT based on COUNTRY. We are getting all the right numbers in the right places using information found on FocalPOINT.

The current question deals with STYLING the SUBFOOTs. The end user has two styling conditions:
1)The $ST.AMOUNT to be bracketed and RED when LT 0.
2)If all the data on the SUBFOOT line EQ 0, then they don't want to see that SUBFOOT line.

We have the report displaying negative numbers in red brackets.

We are not able to make $0 SUBFOOT lines disappear (NOPRINT?) and then what happens if SUBFOOT line 1 is hidden? Will that change the LINE= count and change our RED BRACKET formatting for SUBFOOT LINE=2 and SUBFOOT LINE=3...?

We are able to meet condition 1 or condition 2, but not both.

Has anyone dealt with this problem or can offer (always much appreciated)advice?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WF8Developer,

Production: WebFOCUS 7.703 & 8.104,
All output formats.
Win7-64,MS Office 2013.
Sandbox 8009

Expert
posted Hide Post
Have you looked into the WHEN attribute for the SUBFOOT command?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Francis-First off, Thanks and yes the WHEN clause is being employed. But am I applying it correctly or is there another way to apply it?

The brackets come a format modifier so that isn't an issue. I can't find the right combination of code to get a negative SUBFOOT to turn RED AND to make a SUBFOOT with all ZERO values to disappear. So I built a compact .fex where I can change parms easily and run.

I've used stylesheets and have always got on with them. Then you get an out of ordinary request and you find out how far you can push it. I just now got to what I think is the crux of the problem

What I have now to get the ZERO SUBFOOT to disappear is an (abbreviated) structure:
ON FIRM SUBFOOT
  "POUNDS <ST.AMT_POUNDS"
     WHEN ....
ON FIRM SUBFOOT
  "DOLLARS <ST.AMT_DOLLARS"
     WHEN ....
ON FIRM SUBFOOT
  "CANADIAN <ST.AMT_CANADIAN"
     WHEN ....

The (abbreviated) structure for coloring negative numbers RED is:
ON FIRM SUBFOOT
  "POUNDS: <ST.POUNDS"
  "DOLLARS: <ST.DOLLARS"
  "CANADIAN: <ST.CANADIAN"

Using various colors with BACKCOLOR I have found: In the first example, WebFOCUS sees ALL the SUBFOOTS as LINE=1. In the second example, WebFOCUS sees POUNDS as LINE=1, DOLLARS and LINE=2 and CANADIAN as LINE=3.

More serious users of stylesheets might already know that. This casual user just learned. Now I have to see if I can cross-breed the two and come up with a hy-bred, not a mutt.

I am anticipating a problem. If I make the POUNDS row disappear, then my references for DOLLARS would/could change from LINE=2 to LINE=1 and be out of synch with the stylesheet commands.

This could be a downward spiral, but if you have any observations, please chime in. Again, Thanks.

PS

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WF8Developer,

Production: WebFOCUS 7.703 & 8.104,
All output formats.
Win7-64,MS Office 2013.
Sandbox 8009

Expert
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, you code got garbled. Always put code between code tags:

[code]

ON FIRM SUBFOOT
[/code]

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post