Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Displaying the Greater-than-or-less-than symbol

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Displaying the Greater-than-or-less-than symbol
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hello all,

I have a report that requires me to display the symbol for "greater than or equal to" and
"less that or equal to". I am attempting to use the function "HEXBYT" to convert the decimal representation to the sysbols, however when I use 8804 and 8805 , which is what the web says is the decimal representation for these fields, get different values. Does anyone have any sugestion:
DEFINE FILE CAR
CR/A2 = HEXBYT(8805, 'A2');
END
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
MODEL CR
END 

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tlbrydie2,

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.6.10 MRE
Oracle/Sybase
Test: DevStudio 7.6.6
WF Server 7.6.6
Report Caster 7.6.6
Web Server - Tomcat
MS Windows XP SP2
Output: HTML, Excel 2000 , PDF, CSV, DOC

Posts: 133 | Registered: December 29, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Tim,

Try 60 and 62...

ASCII Conversion Chart

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Tom:

60 and 62 worked..but the results are < and >,

I'm looking for the symbolic representation for "greater than or equal to" and "less that or equal to" which from my understanding are 8804 and 8805 but this is not returning the right symbols

Oracle/Sybase
WF Server 7.6.6
Report Caster 7.6.6
Web Server - Tomcat
MS Windows XP SP2

Expert
posted Hide Post
Tim,

Is this the representation you are looking for?

DEFINE FILE CAR
CR/A2 = IF COUNTRY IN ('JAPAN','ENGLAND') THEN HEXBYT(60, 'A1')|| HEXBYT(61, 'A1') ELSE 
                                               HEXBYT(61, 'A1')|| HEXBYT(62, 'A1');
END
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
MODEL CR
END 

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Tom, according to tlbrydie2's sig, his platform is Windows. You don't need HEXBYT for these characters - they're on the keyboard, so
CR/A2 = '>=';
works.

tlbrydie2's looking for ≥ which I can't seem to get to display with HEXBYT. For HTML only, this
&ge;
gives you ≥.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
AHH! Thanks Francis.

I almost put your CTRAN link up, but, thought better of it.

Well, it's always doable via an image...

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Tom and Francis,

Thanks very much for taking time in your day trying to assist me.

I don't seem to be getting the right results, I wanted to exhaust all possibilities, before I went back to the client and told them WF could not handle this. I'm looking at one other thing..but thanks allot for both of your help.

Timothy

Oracle/Sybase
WF Server 7.6.6
Report Caster 7.6.6
Web Server - Tomcat
MS Windows XP SP2

Expert
posted Hide Post
Well, I never give up - How about this:

DEFINE FILE CAR
CR/A1 = IF COUNTRY IN ('JAPAN','ENGLAND') THEN HEXBYT(60, 'A1') ELSE HEXBYT(62, 'A1');
END
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
MODEL CR
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N2, STYLE=NORMAL+UNDERLINE, JUSTIFY=CENTER,$
ENDSTYLE
END 
-EXIT

Works in HTML and EXCEL, also...

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Expert
posted Hide Post
Very inventive!

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Tom,

That was a very creative solution...it just might be acceptable to the client.

Why did'nt I think of that1! :-)

Thanks allot,
Timothy

Oracle/Sybase
WF Server 7.6.6
Report Caster 7.6.6
Web Server - Tomcat
MS Windows XP SP2

Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks to both of you, and, hope it works for the "client".

Every once in a while, it's good to be creative, even though, as Francis stated earlier, don't need HEXBYTE, just the '>' or '<' test...

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Good job Tom. Always hate to see someone say something can't be done in WebFocus...there is usually a way!

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
THANKS Linda! Hope all is well with you in San Antonio Texas...

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Enjoying Spring!

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post