Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED] Chaining - is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] Chaining - is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
I've tried with customer support but I am getting no where so I am curious if anyone out there knows if the following is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong.

As I said previously, we are trying to use the same field - and it doesn't matter if you try to load it from our own fex (which you say is not formed correctly) or directly out of the database - it still doesn't work.

Let's say I want my users to be able to run a report for cars whose sales were greater than a certain amount but less than a different amount.

I would put two listboxes on the form. One for the starting point and one for the ending point. I'd tell the listboxes to dynamically populate themselves from the CAR file off the SALES field. Then I'd chain them and apply the chaining logic. In all cases, other than greater than or greather than equal to, it works. When we try greater than or greater than equal to, there is a javascript error.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Guru
posted Hide Post
ChannyS:

What are you using for 'Greater Than' and 'Greater Than Equal To' for your dropdown value?

Could you submit some sample html/js code that does not work?

Greg

current client: WF 8.1.05 & 8.2 - Windows 7 64bit - Tomcat 7 - MRE / BID - IE11

local: WF 8.2 - Windows 7 64bit - Tomcat 6 - MRE / BID - FOCUS - IE11

PMF 8

Posts: 274 | Location: Boston/New England | Registered: February 12, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I am using the HTML Resource Layout tool to create the HTML file (see below). The operator is either ">" or ">=". The other operators work correctly.

<!-- Generated by Report Layout Painter -->
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<SCRIPT id=IBI_RelCallBack type=text/javascript>function AdjustChildrenPosition(){
}
</SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT id=IBI_OptionsScript type=text/javascript>
var rltVersion = "764";
var cgipath = "cgipath";
var ibirls = "ibirls2";

var rltdyncalendar = "rltdyncalendar";
var gmap = "ibigmap";
var olap="olap";
var olappanebase="olappanebase";
var olapdrill="olapdrill";

var ibixmltree="ibixmltree";

var ibiOptions = new Array(cgipath,ibirls);
</SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT id=IBI_nls src="/ibi_html/javaassist/nls.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT id=IBI_ibigbl src="/ibi_html/javaassist/ibi/html/js/ibigbl.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT id=IBI_ibigblloadCss type=text/javascript>
ibigblloadCss(null);</SCRIPT>
<TITLE>HtmlPage</TITLE>
<SCRIPT id=clientEventHandlersJS type=text/javascript>
//Begin function window_onload
function window_onload() {

UpdateData();

// TODO: Add your event handler code here
//add onInitialUpdate() function to make changes before initial run of the reports
}
//End function window_onload
</SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT for=window eventname="onload">window.onload = function() { window_onload(); }</SCRIPT>
</HEAD>
<BODY style="OVERFLOW: auto" edaconnectionrequired="true">
<SELECT id=combobox1 style="Z-INDEX: 1; LEFT: 240px; WIDTH: 180px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 60px" tabIndex=1 name=combobox1 newchainnumber="0" datasource="car.mas" datatype="1" sourcetype="typeMaster" ibic_server ibiapp_app="dev ibisamp baseapp" chainnumber="0" inchainindex="1" cacheruntimedata="1" expression=">=" displayfield="SALES" datafield="SALES" ibiformat="I6" dfformat="I6"></SELECT>
<SELECT id=combobox2 style="Z-INDEX: 2; LEFT: 240px; WIDTH: 190px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 110px" tabIndex=2 name=combobox2 newchainnumber="0" datasource="car.mas" datatype="1" sourcetype="typeMaster" ibic_server ibiapp_app="dev ibisamp baseapp" chainnumber="0" inchainindex="2" cacheruntimedata="1" expression=">=" displayfield="SALES" datafield="SALES" ibiformat="I6" dfformat="I6"></SELECT>
<INPUT id=layoutinfo style="LEFT: -100px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -100px" type=hidden inputcontrolids="combobox1;combobox2">
<INPUT id=ibiapp_app style="LEFT: -100px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -100px" type=hidden value="dev ibisamp baseapp" name=ibiapp_app>
<SCRIPT id=IBI_ChainScript type=text/javascript>
<!--
window.chain0=new Array(1);
window.chain0[0]=new String("combobox1;combobox2");
window.chain0[1]=1
//--></SCRIPT>
</BODY>
<SCRIPT id=IBI_loader type=text/javascript>
doBeforeLoad();
</SCRIPT>
</HTML>

Release: WebFOCUS 7.6.8
Output formats: HTML, PDF, Excel, csv

Guru
posted Hide Post
ChannyS:

This code works for me in 7.6.6 with both '>=' and '>'.

I don't have 7.6.8 to test it there.

Greg

current client: WF 8.1.05 & 8.2 - Windows 7 64bit - Tomcat 7 - MRE / BID - IE11

local: WF 8.2 - Windows 7 64bit - Tomcat 6 - MRE / BID - FOCUS - IE11

PMF 8

Posts: 274 | Location: Boston/New England | Registered: February 12, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Thanks - I guess it's a 7.6.8 bug then.

Expert
posted Hide Post
No bug, it works on 7.6.8 as well.

Click on the 1st box, hold the Ctrl key down, click on the second box, click on the chain +, on the toolbar, that is highlighted in yellow.

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Tom,

That is how I created the above HTML but when I run it, the second box does not get populated. Are you able to run the above HTML successfully?

And, like I said, it does work when I do the same exact steps but apply one of the other operators.

Expert
posted Hide Post
I ran your code, Clicked on the 1st box, held the Ctrl key down, clicked on the second box, clicked on the chain +, on the toolbar, that is highlighted in yellow, clicked the run button.

Tom

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Did you apply the "greater than" or "greater than or equal to" chaining logic to it before running?

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
I ran your code;

I didn't say anything about making changes

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Guru
posted Hide Post
Since you said you clicked on the toolbar and clicked on the plus button, it sounded to me like you re-chained them. I don't understand how you and I can run the same thing against the same version of WebFOCUS and have different results.

Expert
posted Hide Post
You asked about "code" changes.
The instructions given were what I did to "chain" the boxes.

The chaining function in 7.6.8 works for all the HTML forms I've created under this release.

Signing out...

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Guru
posted Hide Post
I guess I wasn't clear - the basic chaining is working for me as well. It's when I apply chaining logic - greater than, or greater than or equal to that doesn't work. I believe that is what I provided in the HTML above.

Expert
posted Hide Post
C,

When I initially ran your code, the 2nd box wasn't populated, so, that was what I thought your error was.

The chaining logic does not seem to work, it seems to ALWAYS use the default, equal to.

So, my bad, I don't use that feature, AND, it does seem to be a bug...

Tom

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Guru
posted Hide Post
OK - thanks for confirming. At least I know that it's not something I am doing wrong. I will continue to try to work with IBI on this.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Just to follow up:

I edited the HTML and changed:

cacheruntimedata="1" to cacheruntimedata="0"

This allowed the expression to work - for the 1st time only!

After another selection from the 1st box, it did not work...

FYI

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Guru
posted Hide Post
And the plot thickens Smiler

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I am just shooting in the dark, but try to encode the > and >=.
Change the > to
%3E
and the >= to
%3E%3D

So in the source where you have the expression=">=" attribute of the select tag it should look like
expression="%3E%3D"

I have no clue if this will actually solve your problem, but it is worth a shot......

7.6.6 Mainframe
7.6.4 Web Focus
Windows

Posts: 45 | Location: Gaffney SC | Registered: March 30, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the idea. Didn't help.

After days of telling me to do things that I wasn't trying to do and telling me that it works those ways, and then asking me why I'm trying to do it the way I'm trying to do it, the guy who was assigned to the case finally says "I think it's a bug"....