Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] FML Cell Styling Lost

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] FML Cell Styling Lost
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I am new to using FML and have pretty much figured out how it works through research and trial and error. There is one thing I am having a problem with. When I use decimal precision referencing one particular cell, the formatting I have set for that for is lost for that cell:
TABLE FILE M1440A
SUM
LP_ID_CNT/I8C AS '# Customers,Emailed'
ACCT_CNT/I8C AS '# Investment,Accts Opened'
CURR_BAL_AMT/D12.2CM AS 'Total Investment,Account Balances'
COMPUTE AVG_BAL/D12.2CM = CURR_BAL_AMT / ACCT_CNT; AS 'Average Investment,Account Balances'
FOR
DISP AS 'Email Disposition / Control'
'PLAN' AS 'Not Opened' LABEL NOT_OPENED OVER
'RESP' AS 'Opened' LABEL OPENED OVER
'PLAN' OR 'RESP' AS 'Total Email' LABEL EMAIL_TOT OVER
'CONTROL' AS 'Control' LABEL CONTROL OVER
-* When I add decimal precision to the cell in this first RECAP has default styling font 10, Times Roman, Backcolor White
-* Without decimal precision, styling is fine -> Font 9, White, Arial, Backcolor Silver
-* If I take out reference to column (2) and let the calc apply to entire row, styling is fine -> Font 9, White, Arial, Backcolor Silver
RECAP CTL_EM(2)/P6.2C=EMAIL_TOT(2) / CONTROL(2); AS ' ' OVER
-* The next RECAP has decimal precision referencing column (4) and (6), styling is fine as well with all others.
RECAP WHAT_IF_A(4)/P6.2C=CONTROL * CTL_EM(2);
WHAT_IF_A(6)/D12.2CM=CONTROL * CTL_EM(2);
RECAP INCR_A(4)/I8C=EMAIL_TOT - WHAT_IF_A;
INCR_A(6)/D12.2CM=EMAIL_TOT - WHAT_IF_A;
INCR_A(7)/D12.2CM=EMAIL_TOT - CONTROL;
TYPE=REPORT,
FONT='ARIAL',
SIZE=9,
COLOR='BLACK',
BACKCOLOR='WHITE',
STYLE=NORMAL,

Can't figure out what is happening here.

****** Update to original post *********
Ok, I was able to get it to work by ensuring the source data in my RECAP calc are in the same format P6.2C. However, I only want the calculation to have decimal precision. Not the source data (in this case LP_ID_CNT).

BobV

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BobV,

WF (App Studio) 8.2.01m / Windows
Mainframe FOCUS 8

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
BobV,
I'm not sure if this addresses your question.

The below example uses the sample files centstmt.mas/foc in the ibinccen application.

TABLE FILE CENTSTMT
SUM
CENTSTMT.CONSOL.ACTUAL_AMT
CENTSTMT.CONSOL.BUDGET_AMT
FOR
CENTSTMT.ACCOUNTS.GL_ACCOUNT
'2200' AS 'Retail Sales' LABEL R1 OVER
'2300' AS 'Mail Order Sales' LABEL R2 OVER
RECAP R3(1)/D12.3=R1(1);
AS 'Retail Sales Cell'
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET BLANKINDENT ON
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
INCLUDE = endeflt,
$
TYPE=DATA,
LABEL=R3,
COLUMN=N2,
SIZE=8,
STYLE=BOLD+ITALIC,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

Note that R1(1) has a format of D10.0 and the RECAP has a format of D12.3.

The RECAP cell has a Bold/Italic with a Font size of 8.

The above example worked.

Efrem

Posts: 229 | Location: New York | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Efrem, I'm not sure your solution worked exactly but it got me thinking based on the example. What I did was to sort of "globally" create a RECAP which is my R3. Like this:
RECAP EM_CTL/D12.2 = ' ';
EM_CTL(2)/D12.2=EMAIL_TOT / CONTROL; AS ' ' OVER

With this, I did not even need to specify the N2 in the stylesheet. I don't really understand it, but got it to work.

thanks for the reply

BobV

WF (App Studio) 8.2.01m / Windows
Mainframe FOCUS 8