Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     install webfocus/rcaster on win 64bit

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
install webfocus/rcaster on win 64bit
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I see in the wf_win_761install.pdf document the following :

"Operating System" and "Options or Notes
Requirements" "Microsoft Windows
2003 Server (32-bit
and AMD 64-bit)" (page 36)

But what about intel cpu's? Will the install work on HP blades with intel cpu's?

Thank you
Phillip du Plooy

WebFocus 7.1 On win2000 (webfocus admin)
Oracle 9i Aix (dba)
Oracle 10g RedHat (dba)
MsSql (dba)
Adabas 4 OpenVMS (dba + sysadmin)

Posts: 12 | Location: Potchefstroom South Africa | Registered: July 17, 2008Report This Post
<JG>
posted
Phillip

I would go 766 to get the full X86 64 bit support

The servers are different but It's the same client.

Also You must use a 64 bit java version.

Server version Windows x86 64 64bit
Client version Windows x86 amd64

Take note however IB may regard the switch from 32 bit to 64 bit as a platform
switch requireing at least a license upgrade or a new license

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
With Tomcat, by default it ships a 32 bit executable and that won't run as a service. With AMD 64bit, the executable is readily available. I haven't been able to "easily" locate an Intel 64bit exe.

Other Forums are highlighting the same, I believe that's why the doc doesn't mention Intel 64 bit as an option.

<JG>
posted
try looking here

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk/res/procrun/

Both amd and intel itanium (IA64) versions are available.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <JG>,

Report This Post