Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Should anybody tell me what the enviroment tha Webfocus need

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Should anybody tell me what the enviroment tha Webfocus need
 Login/Join

posted
I want to write a user guide for our product which made by webfocus 7.6.1.

then I do not know which is the requirement that webfoucs using? for example , the OS, web browsers type or version.

Can anybody help me ? thanks !

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

webfocus7.6.1
Excel2003
Windows,UNIX

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Most (if not all) requirements for WebFOCUS are summarized in the installation manual. It has a quite complete list of things that must be in place or set. I'd advise you to go to the ibi website and download a copy of the install guide for unix.

Hope this helps....

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
To Gamp
Thanks for your help! Can you give that list in detail? because I am working in Japan, and the Webfocus serials No didn`t recognize by lbi website, so i can`t login in the website for that materials!
thanks a lot !

webfocus7.6.1
Excel2003
Windows,UNIX

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Send me a PM (Private Message) with your email address, I'll return with the two pdf's that contain the installation requirements. Zipped it is just under 4 MB.

GamP

in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
<JG>
posted
If you want to see the server installation manual go to your
WebFocus server console and select the help icon.

Even if you do not have administration rights you can still
access the help.

The server installation and configuration and all the adapter documentation is available.

Your WebFocus administrator should also have the all documentation you need, both
server and client as it is always shipped with the software.

Additionally your WebFocus administrator should have a valid logon id to allow
You to access the documentation pages on the IBI support website, even from Japan.

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, GamP
I send the PM to you, please reply me.
thanks again!

To JG
I did it like your said! But how i can't find the valid logon id or path can access the website. can you tell me in detail? thanks!

Regards,
lepoard

webfocus7.6.1
Excel2003
Windows,UNIX

Expert
posted Hide Post
http://your_server_name:your_port_number

Default port is 8121. Your admin could tell you what it is.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Leopard,

Actually I agree with JG.
You should have somebody in your company who has access to all the documentation you need. Usually it is the systems administrator. And if the IBI website does not recognize your sitecode, then there is something seriously wrong - meaning either your company is not yet registered (which seems quite unlikely to me) or you're doing something without being licensed to.
Please go to the ib website, and create your own login by providing the sitecode, the exact name of your company as it is registered with IBI and providing your email address. That is the official way of obtaining any written documentation and support from IBI. If that does not work, PM me again with your sitecode, name of your company and business email address. I'll then try to find out what's wrong.

GamP

in Focus since 1988