Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Chart Ideas

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Chart Ideas
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hello everyone,
I'm looking at some chart possibilities of a date/time based dataset to display hourly activity. Attaching a desired output mockup along with available data.

I had planned to use Gantt chart idea but, we need to limit it to show a 24hr window for all the chosen dates to identify a pattern. The chart would have a duration in minutes for one event type (start time and end time) and other events would be just a Point in time (start time no end time in this case)

Please let me know of any thoughts or suggestions.

Thanks as always for all the great contributors to this forum. I'm using 8202M app studio in this case if it matters.

-Pawan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Posts: 289 | Location: Houston,TX | Registered: June 11, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If you've installed the D3 chart extensions, there's a Calendar Heat Map that's pretty close to what you're showing.

Take a look at the example here: https://github.com/ibi/wf-exte...ter/com.ibi.calendar

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Thanks BabakNYC, I've used calender heatmap to show metrics for each day but this is hourly anlaysis and also other events with no metric, just a boolean. I'm not sure if that will satisfy what I'm looking for here...

Posts: 289 | Location: Houston,TX | Registered: June 11, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Vaayu,

This can also be accomplished with a report, not a chart, using ACROSS (dates across, like the time dimension on a chart's X-axis) and "cell" styling. I had done this a few years back but cannot find my code.

See this manual: Creating Reports With WebFOCUS Language (https://webfocusinfocenter.informationbuilders.com/wfappent/pdfs2/wf8202crlang.pdf), chapter 17, Creating and Managing a WebFOCUS Stylesheet. Using the WHEN phrase in a style specification you can determine the foreground and background colors based on data, e.g., date, values.

Example: TYPE=Data, BACKCOLOR=Aqua, COLOR=Navy, WHEN=LinePrice GT 500000, $

The red, green, and yellow circles can be image files (jpg, png, gif). Search for "Adding an Image to a Report" in the same manual. Or you can make it simpler by using the letter "O", make it bold and color it using style sheet settings.

Regards,
Ira

Posts: 13 | Location: New York City | Registered: March 01, 2010Report This Post