Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Compound Reports
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Does anyone know how many Compound Reports I can put together?

I'm trying to recode a Crystal Report in WebFocus, the Crystal Reports have many sub reports.

Thanks in advance,
Carol Dobson

Posts: 428 | Location: Springfield, MA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
<mhuber>
posted
I couldn't find documentation on a limit for SET COMPOUND statements... I'd imagine the limiting factor is system memory rather than an intrinsic WebFOCUS limit.

I'm not terribly familiar with Crystal, so I don't know how it processes data compared to WebFOCUS. I'm sure there are pros & cons to each of these tools in the way they process things. What required many subreports in Crystal may be handled by a single request in WebFOCUS (or vice versa). This may be a good time to revisit the need for all your subreports.

Always trying to find a better solution...
-Michael

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Has anyone come across an answer to Carol's question? I'm also wondering how many reports can I combine together with the COMPOUND tool.

Posts: 406 | Location: Canada | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I don't know what the limit is, but I have one for our financial aid people which has 23 reports compounded. I think the main issue is the styling for each.

Leah Cross

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
<Vipul>
posted
I do not believe that there is a limit else I will be a very unhappy person as my program spits out reports in a loop which are compounded. The only problem I am facing is that I am not able to use NOBREAK. NOBREAK cause wierd overlap of my PDF reports. We are using 5.2.3 and incidently ibi has documented that there is no work around for this. If anyone can find a workaround please let me know...
see the ptf below
[url]
http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/known_problems/83231115.html
[/url]

I had posted my code in an earlier post as below
[url]
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/...651097331#8651097331
[/url]

I had poked on IBI website I was not able to find any limitations on number of reports which can be compounded.

Vipul

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mabel>,

Report This Post
<Vipul>
posted
These are PDF(not Webfocus) limits though:
Pages 10,000
Images 900
Hyperlinks per page 500
Total pages with hyperlinks 100
Total hyperlinks 44,500

Vipul