Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Background Coloring in subhead extends past last column

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Background Coloring in subhead extends past last column
 Login/Join

posted
Does anybody know how to adjust the length of the subhead and/or subfoot rows? I have both the subhead (with a background color) and a subfoot on the report. Every time I add text to the subfoot, the background color in the subhead extends past the length of the last column. Is there anyway to correct this?

Thanks!

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Don't know, I have a suspicion that sub head and subfoot lengths are tied together. Is this an issue with the customer or is it just an issue with not wanting to have the sub head go past the last column even if the sub foot does, also in the sub foot do you have any blank spaces at the end you could delete? Don't know if that would help or not.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I seem to remember that the subhead and subfoot lengths are tied to the report width as determined for the Heading and Footings?

What output format are you using?

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I'll bet it is PDF. I have had that problem also but can't remember what I did to fix it.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
... change the column widths via stylesheet to match the report width?

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am trying to output in PDF (it works find in HTML). The problem is that I get nice column shading, but then when I try to shade the subhead the same color it ends up looking terrible. It's a pretty bad visual issue - clients will never except it.

There are no blank spaces at the end of the subfoot. I also tried aligning the report columns with to the edge of the report, but I can never seem to get it to match up with the end of the subhead/subfoot. Also, if there isn't that much data on the page, it makes from some ridiculously large column rows.

If anybody can remember how they fixed it, please let me know!!

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Jessie

if you upgrade your signature with version and application info, we will be able to better help you...

I will take a look tomorrow if we have the same problem or if we solved this.

Can you create something on the CAR dataset and post your code?

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Add SQUEEZE=ON to your STYLESHEET and this should fix the issue.

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Here's a CAR FILE example.

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CAR
BY COUNTRY
ON COUNTRY SUBFOOT
"This is the SUBFOOT"
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT, SQUEEZE=ON,$
TYPE=SUBFOOT, COLOR=WHITE, BACKCOLOR=TEAL,$
ENDSTYLE
END

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
That helped! I will update my signature for future reference.

Thank you so much!!!