Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Updating multiple tables through maintain

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Updating multiple tables through maintain
 Login/Join

posted
Hi All,

We need to build a maintain application through which we need to update columns belonging to multiple tables, displayed together in one grid.
I do not want to create a separate master file containing just the relevant columns.

Any inputs, links or documents are highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nasar

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Windows

Posts: 19 | Location: India | Registered: April 24, 2014Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
This is straightforward to achieve with Stack manipulation, it is all there in the Training courses and in the Maintain documents, as long as you understand what you are trying to achieve.

Unless you can at least try to achieve this and share the code, I do not feel that I should help further. I will leave that up to Mark.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Nassar
I would love to get you to a training class, but I understand the difficulties. The issue isn't hard to do but requires some manipulation. The stack that populates the grid, since it is being populated from different masters, has to be entirely computed. So you would have:

MAINTAIN FILE File1 AND File2
For 10 Next File1.Field1 into Stk1
For 10 Next File2.FieldX1 into Stk2
Compute I/I3=1;
Repeat Stk1.Foccount
Compute Stk3(i).Field1 = Stk1(I).Field1
Compute Stk3(i).Field2 = Stk1(I).Field2
Compute Stk3(i).Field3 = Stk2(I).FieldX1
Compute Stk3(i).Field4 = Stk2(I).FieldX2
etc...
Compute i=i+1;
Endrepeat

This assumes that there is a logical relationship between the columns and rows of the different Masters. You would then reverse the process for your Update.

Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark,

This was the solution that I was implementing.
However, my intention of asking this over here was to know if there was any way to avoid this manual 'stack manipulation' and try something like we have in report painter were we join two masters files and then print columns from both.

Windows

Posts: 19 | Location: India | Registered: April 24, 2014Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
We can only do this through stack manipulation. The other way is just to create a view to display all of the fields that you want. However, to Update the database you would still need to write back to the individual databases.

Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post