Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Extra <request> tags

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Extra <request> tags
 Login/Join

posted
We are creating Drill Down reports (.fex files) to run from summary reports which are embedded in HTML files. When we go to save the HTML for the summary report, an extra tag appears to be automatically inserted at the end of the HTML. That tag ends up referring to an APP PATH for the test environment and, if we don't catch it, it ends up that way in production. Where is that extra tag coming from and why? Is there something we can do to keep it from being created? Or if it has to be created, how can we get it to automatically refer to the proper APP PATH, short of looking for it and changing it?

Thank you!

Paul Smudski, Consultant
Integral Systems, Inc.
WF v7.1.3, Dev Studio, Tomcat with IIS, HTML Output format

Posts: 4 | Location: Michigan | Registered: August 14, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Paul,

Has this issue been resolved on your side?

Can you please paste a sample code that you are using? Also, can you please go into your profile and update your signature to show what WebFOCUS release you are on, what web/application server you are using, what tool(s) you are using, i.e. Dev Studio, MRE, or Dashboard, and what the output format(s) are?

Thank you in advance for sharing. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I apologize for not posting a code sample, but I can't get HTML code to post. I'm new to these forums and to dealing with HTML in general. Is there some trick to getting the HTML code block to display in the post?

Thank you!

Paul Smudski, Consultant
Integral Systems, Inc.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Select Options, then check Disable HTML...

or

I think you can place between <code> </code> tags...

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Doing a global change so less-than becomes amperLT; and greater-than becomes amperGT;
(where amper is & ) should also work.

Brian Suter
VP WebFOCUS Product Development

Posts: 200 | Location: NYC | Registered: January 02, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is the code sample. It is from the end of the HTML.

One additional thing I wanted to mention is that this is Parameterized Drill Down report. The variables section is just above the line of code in question. I have tried to BOLD that line.

Also, "Birdsall_Security" is the name of the project in our development environment.

Please let me know if you have any insight into why it is there, and what we can do to prevent it, if anything.

Thank you!

(I have changed the brackets around the code tags...)

[/variable]

[/variables]

[/request]

[request requestid="1" sourcetype="typeHtml" targettype="1" targetname="_parent" ibif_ex="ReportSelectionMenu.html" ibic_server="" ibiapp_app="Birdsall_Security baseapp"] 
[/request]
[/requests]
[/xml]
[/BODY]
[/HTML]

Paul Smudski, Consultant
Integral Systems, Inc.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
If you add a report there will be a new request tag and it will reflect the apps in use.

I am guessing you are not concerned about the request tag as much as it's reference to your test application.

You have a couple choices: First off, use a test system that uses the same app structure as production. You can add projects to the test system - but add them using the existing applications. HTML files created this way can be moved.

Secondly, if test apps names do not match production, you can create a DEPLOY scenario that will map your files to where they should go in production. Then when you deploy, the ibiapp_app parameter will be updated to reflect what is needed in production.

Brian Suter
VP WebFOCUS Product Development

Posts: 200 | Location: NYC | Registered: January 02, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Brian. We're going to look into the DEPLOY scenario. We appreciate the feedback.

Paul Smudski, Consultant
Integral Systems, Inc.