As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.
Join the TIBCO Community TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.
From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.
Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.
I have an issue with SQL passthrough in WebFocus. I have a requirement to create volatile table and to select from it further. While executed in Teradata the Query works fine, as the SQl was executed as single statements. But when tried from WebFocus its throwing error as
only an ET or null statement is legal after a DDL statement, as its processed as single transaction.Any way to overcome this error?And also if anyone can provide details on how we can control the execution of the SQL from WebFocus it would also be helpful.Thanks very much!
My Sql would look like this:
CREATE MULTISET VOLATILE TABLE TEST AS( SELECT COLUMN1 , COLUMN2 FROM ( SELECT COLUMN1,COLUMN2 FROM DB.TABLENAME GROUP BY COLUMN1) GROUPBY COLUMN1)
SELECT * FROM TEST;
Thnaks Prasanna WebFocus Version 7.1.7This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,
If something has worked in one way and suddenly stops working then you must have either upgraded WebFOCUS or Teradata or changed the configuration in one, either or both systems.
If a WebFOCUS change has caused the problem then you need to raise a case with IBI. If a Teradata change has caused the problem you need to raise a case with IBI so they know and can possibly supply a fix.
I ran into this problem when we changed from 5.3.3 to 7.6.4. We had SQL /\/\/\/\/\/\ \/\/\/\/\/\/ ; -RUN -SET &NOW = HHMMSS('A8'); -TYPE PROCESSING SQL ANSWER SET &NOW TABLE FILE SQLOUT /\/\/\/\/\/\ \/\/\/\/\/\/
the "TABLE FILE SQLOUT" started throwing an error "discription not found for file SQLOUT" remove the DM code fixed it.
Jim Morrow Web Focus 7.6.10 under Windows 2003 MVS 7.3.3