Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     How to set the width of column title when using OVER & ACROSS

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
How to set the width of column title when using OVER & ACROSS
 Login/Join

Master
posted
I have a report that is printing 11 columns over each other with an across a date field. I can style the title color for each column individually and can set the with to each column, However I cannot seem to set the with of the title for the columns. The output for is PDF. If I use SQUEEZE=ON it looks ok however, it is a compound report and I want the columns to line up with the columns on the report below it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

WebFOCUS 8x.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TexasStingray,

Scott

Expert
posted Hide Post
TS, perhaps a test fex using a demo table would be handy...

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
TexasStringray,

Here is the link to the WebFOCUS 8x stylsheet syntax.
Creating a WebFOCUS StyleSheet

Here are a few more links that might help out.

Style Sheet

SET ACROSSTITLE = {ABOVE|SIDE}

From Focal Point -

[SOLVED] ACROSS TITLE

As Francis suggested please provide a sample for clarity.

If you have found a resolution please update the topic and the subject line accordingly.

Thank you for participating in the Focal Point Forum.

Kindest regards,
Tamra Colangelo
Focal Point Moderator - Information Builders Inc.
* Summit 2016 – June 13-17 in Reno, Nevada  - http://www.informationbuilders.com/events/summit

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5

Posts: 487 | Location: Toronto | Registered: June 23, 2009Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Here is an example code: now try to get the date columns to line up

*-HOLD_SOURCE
-* File CAR
SET HTMLARCHIVE=ON
COMPOUND LAYOUT PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
UNITS=IN, $
SECTION=section1, LAYOUT=ON, METADATA='prop_with_names^Margins_Left=0.5^Margins_Top=0.5^Margins_Right=0.5^Margins_Bottom=0.5^thumbnailscale=4', MERGE=OFF, ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE, PAGESIZE=Letter, SHOW_GLOBALFILTER=OFF, $
PAGELAYOUT=1, NAME='Page layout 1', text='Page layout 1', TOC-LEVEL=1, BOTTOMMARGIN=0.5, TOPMARGIN=0.5, METADATA='BOTTOMMARGIN=0.5,TOPMARGIN=0.5,LEFTMARGIN=0,RIGHTMARGIN=0,', $
COMPONENT='report1', TEXT='report1', TOC-LEVEL=2, POSITION=(0.583 0.667), DIMENSION=(9.916 1.167),  ARREPORTSIZE=DIMENSION, METADATA='HEIGHT: 1.167in; WIDTH: 9.916in; POSITION: absolute; LEFT: 0.583in; Z-INDEX: 1; TOP: 0.667in', $
COMPONENT='report2', TEXT='report2', TOC-LEVEL=2, POSITION=(0.583 2.083), DIMENSION=(9.916 1.500),  ARREPORTSIZE=DIMENSION, METADATA='HEIGHT: 1.5in; WIDTH: 9.916in; POSITION: absolute; LEFT: 0.583in; Z-INDEX: 2; TOP: 2.083in', $
END
SET COMPONENT='report1'
-*component_type report
DEFINE FILE GGSALES
IDATE/I8YYMD = DATE;
ADATE/A8 = EDIT(IDATE);
AYEAR/A2 = EDIT(ADATE, '$$99$$$$');
IYEAR/I2 = EDIT(AYEAR);
AMTH/A2 = EDIT(ADATE, '$$$$99$$');
IMTH/I2 = EDIT(AMTH);
AMONTH/A4 = DECODE AMTH('01' 'Jan-' '02' 'Feb-' '03' 'Mar-' '04' 'Apr-' '05' 'May-' '06' 'Jun-' '07' 'Jul-' '08' 'Aug-' '09' 'Sep-' '10' 'Oct-' '11' 'Nov-' '12' 'Dec-');
RPTMONTH/A6 = AMONTH || AYEAR;
END
TABLE FILE GGSALES
SUM
DOLLARS/D20C AS 'Dollars' OVER
DOLLARS/D20C AS 'Another Dollar Column' OVER
DOLLARS/D20C AS 'And Yet Even Another Dollars Column' OVER
BUDDOLLARS/D20C AS 'Bud-Dollars'
ACROSS HIGHEST IYEAR NOPRINT
ACROSS HIGHEST IMTH NOPRINT
ACROSS RPTMONTH AS ''
WHERE READLIMIT EQ 100;
WHERE DATE GE 19960601 AND DATE LE 19961231;
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT,
BORDER-TOP-STYLE=NONE,
BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE=NONE,
BORDER-LEFT-STYLE=NONE,
BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE=NONE,
LEFTMARGIN=0.0,
TOPMARGIN=0.0,
BOTTOMMARGIN=0.0,
WIDTH=8.0000,
SQUEEZE=ON,
SIZE=9,
$
ENDSTYLE
END
SET COMPONENT='report2'
-*component_type report
TABLE FILE GGSALES
PRINT
UNITS/D20C AS 'Some of the titles can be long' OVER
UNITS/D20C AS 'Some can be short'
ACROSS HIGHEST IYEAR NOPRINT
ACROSS HIGHEST IMTH NOPRINT
ACROSS RPTMONTH AS ''
WHERE READLIMIT EQ 100;
WHERE DATE GE 19960601 AND DATE LE 19961231;
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT,
BORDER-TOP-STYLE=NONE,
BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE=NONE,
BORDER-LEFT-STYLE=NONE,
BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE=NONE,
LEFTMARGIN=0.0,
TOPMARGIN=0.0,
BOTTOMMARGIN=0.0,
WIDTH=8.0000,
SQUEEZE=ON,
SIZE=9,
$
ENDSTYLE
END
COMPOUND END

Scott

Expert
posted Hide Post
I thought you might be able to use WRAP, but this is the unfortunate reference:

Creating Reports With WebFOCUS Language > Formatting Report Data > Positioning Data in a Report > Controlling Wrapping of Report Data > OVER and WRAP With Non-Blank Column Titles
quote:

Reference: OVER and WRAP With Non-Blank Column Titles
The width of both the column title and the column data for each OVER value is determined by the single SQUEEZE or WRAP value. The title will automatically size to the same width as the wrapped data column. If the column title is wider than the width defined for the column wrap, you can either define a smaller title or add your titles as OVER fields that can be sized independently.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post