Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] FOCCACHE not in app path

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] FOCCACHE not in app path
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
FOCCACHE is not functioning. I am unable to do a compute then read the results to. It's also not showing up when "? PATH" command is used.

Hold files are containing the correct data but when read it's not retrieving the correct information.

Here's a sample...

TABLE FILE CAR 
PRINT 
COMPUTE NEWMODEL/A8 = EDIT(MODEL,'99999999');
WHERE MODEL CONTAINS 'COROLLA' 
ON TABLE HOLD AS BEGINMODEL FORMAT DFIX DELIMITER ,
END
-RUN
-READ BEGINMODEL, &NEWMODEL
-TYPE &NEWMODEL

This still returns the whole string.

This was functioning in our 8007 environment but since upgrading its not functioning correctly.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8.0.07 and 8.2.01M
UNIX, WINDOWS, ORACLE
PDF, CSV, Excel, TXT, XML, HTML

Posts: 65 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 17, 2012Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Just realized that if I add a dummy & before the one I'm trying to get I can read it. But I shouldn't need to do that right???

Also failed to mention this is for a 8105 environment.

UNIX, WINDOWS, ORACLE

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hi Tom,

FOCCACHE is in PATH by default, so no need to add it.

With -READ you need to add the field format.
If you don't want to bother, use READFILE.
Also, I don't understand why you HOLD as a DFIX format. If it's just to put the value in a variable you don't need it.

Below two options: with READ and with READFILE.
The dashes that I put in the TYPE surrounding &NEWMODEL are there just to show the starting and ending point of the variable length.

TABLE FILE CAR 
PRINT COMPUTE NEWMODEL/A8 = EDIT(MODEL,'99999999');
WHERE MODEL CONTAINS 'COROLLA' 
ON TABLE HOLD AS BEGINMODEL
END
-RUN

-* OPTION 1
-READ BEGINMODEL &NEWMODEL.A8.

-* OPTION 2
-*-DEFAULTH &NEWMODEL = ''
-*-READFILE BEGINMODEL

-TYPE -&NEWMODEL-

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MartinY,

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Martin.

When I run a ? PATH in our 8007 I get FOCCACHE as the first item listed. When I do the same in 8105 FOCCACHE is not listed at all.

We use DFIX because we are reading more than one variable, this was just an example.

Another issue is that we have a date calculation we're doing

TABLE FILE XXXXXX
PRINT 
COMPUTE NEWDATE/MDYY = HDATE(TBLDATE,'MDYY');
ON TABLE HOLD AS HLDDT FORMAT DFIX , 
END 

-READ HLDDT, &NEWDATE

But again it's bringing the TBLDATE value which is HYYMDS.

And it's inconsistent between versions. Which makes be think there is either a place to set the behavior? or there's been a change to the software.

UNIX, WINDOWS, ORACLE

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Using DFIX to have multiple variables shouldn't be a reason.
As per below, I have multiple variables and they all been assigned. You can also rename the variable using the AS name feature or keep it as is from the master file.
SET ASNAMES = ON
TABLE FILE SALHIST
PRINT PIN
      EFFECTDATE
      COMPUTE NDATE /MDYY = EFFECTDATE;
      OLDSALARY AS 'SALARY'
WHERE READLIMIT   EQ 1;
WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ 1;
ON TABLE HOLD AS TMP
END
-RUN
-DEFAULTH &PIN        = ''
-DEFAULTH &EFFECTDATE = ''
-DEFAULTH &NDATE      = ''
-DEFAULTH &SALARY     = ''
-READFILE TMP
-RUN
-TYPE PIN: -&PIN- EFFECTDATE: -&EFFECTDATE- NDATE: -&NDATE- SALARY: -&SALARY-

As per the HYYMDS format, it may be related to master file definition or function used. Difficult to say and reproduced since no IB sample file has that format. Also, what is exactly the issue with that ?

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I understand what you're saying about DFIX not being needed.

I'm not the one who implemented this code and I'm not interested in finding/updating 100's of procedures.

The questions still remain... Why is FOCCACHE not existent in the ? PATH...and Why is the DFIX appearing to add a column to the beginning of the hold table.

UNIX, WINDOWS, ORACLE

Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
...Why is FOCCACHE not existent in the ? PATH...

When I do the following command I see foccache:
APP SHOWPATH

Also the following shows me the actual directory structure:
TABLE FILE _EDAHOME/CATALOG/SYSAPPS
 PRINT APPLOC
 WHERE APPNAME LIKE '%foccache%'
END  

PAGE 1 

APPLOC 
D:\ibi\srv81\wfs\edatemp\foccache\ip000289010 

Not sure what the issue with ? PATH might be.

Pilot: WebFOCUS 8.2.06 Test: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Prod: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Server: Windows Server 2016/Tomcat Standalone Workstation: Windows 10/IE11+Edge Database: Oracle 12c, Netezza, & MS SQL Server 2019 Output: AHTML/XLSX/HTML/PDF/JSCHART Tools: WFDS, Repository Content, BI Portal Designer & ReportCaster

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
But again it's bringing the TBLDATE value which is HYYMDS.

This is because held data will include the columns used in COMPUTEs unless you use SET HOLDLIST = PRINTONLY or ON TABLE SET HOLDLIST PRINTONLY.

Also look at using -READFILE instead of -READ

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post