Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     (FOC1406) SQL OPEN CURSOR ERROR

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
(FOC1406) SQL OPEN CURSOR ERROR
 Login/Join

posted
I am getting following error message for quite a few of my procedure in webfocus.They run fine in the developer studio but when i try to schedule them using Report caster, i get the below listed error message.Does any one know what's causing it.

: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server: [08001] [DBNETLIB][ConnectionO
pen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
L (FOC1406) SQL OPEN CURSOR ERROR.

WebFocus 7.1.6, Windows/SQL Server 2003,

Expected Output Formats: Excel, Word, HTML.

<JG>
posted
1. In Dev Studio do you have the MSSQL server configured on localhost
and are you creating and testing the jobs on localhost?

2. Is the MSSQL server configured on the reportcaster WebFocus server?

3. Are you using explicit,password passthrough or trusted connection to MSSQl?

MSSQL trusted (which is most likely) has an issue if the caster job userid and password
are not valid Domain id's but are dedictaed run time id's.

The id must either be a valid domain id or it must be an MSSQL specific id and authentication
in MSSQL must be set to allow both.

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
1. In Dev Studio do you have the MSSQL server configured on localhost
and are you creating and testing the jobs on localhost?
I am not sure but i believe it is a locast host. This was already setup by my precessdor.

2. Is the MSSQL server configured on the reportcaster WebFocus server?

Yes.

3. Are you using explicit,password passthrough or trusted connection to MSSQl?

I am using Explicit connection to MSSQL.

WebFocus 7.1.6, Windows/SQL Server 2003,

Expected Output Formats: Excel, Word, HTML.

<JG>
posted
OK,

You need to go to the WebFocus server console used by the Report Caster server not your localhost.

Goto adapters and test the conection to the problem MSSSQL instance.

If that fails your adapter is configured incorrectly.

userid / password and server all need to be checked

Report This Post