Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Wonky control behaviour - Active Dashboard build with Document Composer

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Wonky control behaviour - Active Dashboard build with Document Composer
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I am just baffled here.

We have an active dashboard built in document composer that has a graph on it and two controls (drop down lists).

The controls are set to not include an all, to filter on load and are chained together. When you play around with the controls back and forth, they are not refreshing the graph as expected. I tried in both IE and in Chrome and the same bizarre behaviour occurs.

I reproduced this using the CAR table.

I made a simple bar graph with X-Axis containing COUNTRY (hidden) SEATS (hidden) and MODEL. The measure is DEALER_COST.

I then used document composer to reference the graph and made the first control COUNTRY, no all and filter on load. Then the second control SEATS, no all and filter on load. I then chained the two together.

When I run the composer report and as expected ENGLAND and 2 are in my controls and TR7 and V12XKE AUTO are displayed in the graph. I change the seats drop down to 4 and as expected INTERCEPTOR III displays in the graph.

If I then select ITALY for the country all 4 ITALY cars display in the graph??? The 2 seat selection is not refreshed nor respected. The drop down list for the seats has changed to include just 2 and 4 rather than the 2, 4, and 5 available for ENGLAND but the graph didn't refresh.

I thought maybe I'd just go with this then and add the include all for seats but when changing countries the seats selected value doesn't change.

Any ideas? Am I totally missing something?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8202M
Client: Windows Server 2012R2/Tomcat 8.0/IIS
Server: IBM i v7r2m0
MS-SQL

Posts: 28 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: March 03, 2011Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I'd expect 2000 GT VELOCE, 2000 SPIDER VELOCE, and DORA 2 DOOR to be displayed for 2 seaters, and 2000 4 DOOR BERLINA for the 4 seater.

So, please post your code within the </> CODE brackets.

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
The BIG question is: Are you using Dev Studio or App Studio? App Studio is proven to be wonky.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post