Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Control-M execution of ReportCaster schedules

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Control-M execution of ReportCaster schedules
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I read a previous posting regarding Control-M (CM) but that didn't address my problem. CM is a scheduling tool. I am having it call a fex called rc_exec that has the DSTRUN logic including schedule ID, job description, and owner. The RC schedule executes via DSTRUN correctly. We have dependencies in CM that execute schedule 1 before schedule 2 and so on. We don't want schedule 2 to execute until schedule 1 has completed in RC. That's the problem. When rc_exec submits the RC schedule it immediately sends a return code = 0 if it submitted OK. CM does not know when RC has actually finished running the job. We considered a post-process to create a trigger file but we have over 300 schedules and this does not seem a very elegant solution. Does anyone have experience either with CM or another scheduling tool executing schedules in RC and knowing when the RC schedule has completed?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.7.05M, gen 144, Windows 2008 Server R2 64-bit, Tomcat 6.0.33, IIS 7.0, SQL Server, Excel 2013, PDF, HTML, FOCUS files.

Posts: 88 | Location: Seattle | Registered: March 29, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
That was the only way we could figure out to do it ...We had a basic Fex that created the trigger word...that Control-M was looking for...and put it as an -INCLUDE in each procedure. If someone else knows a way...I'd be interested.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I am having a conference call with IBI tomorrow to discuss this. I'll let you know what comes out of it.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05M, gen 144, Windows 2008 Server R2 64-bit, Tomcat 6.0.33, IIS 7.0, SQL Server, Excel 2013, PDF, HTML, FOCUS files.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Smiler

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I did a presentation at Summit of how we have integrated ReportCaster and Control-M. Let me know if you're interested to have more information about it.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm missed that one while there. We have a pretty good Solution working here now. Thanks for the update.

Master
posted Hide Post
Hi,

We do have a Control-M as our scheduling tool and I am in the process of analyzing the Reportcaster with Control-M and didn't succeed on it. If you share your presentation and the way to achieve this, would be great.

Thanks

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat

Posts: 780 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 09, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Did you get the information from Terry or do you still need it?

Master
posted Hide Post
didn't get any information. Yes I do need it.

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Send me your email address and I'll send the different programs/scripts. We are on UNIX. It looks like you're on Windows so you'll need to devise a similar method to what we came up with.

Master
posted Hide Post
check your PM

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat