Focal Point
[SOLVED] HTML Layout Painter - Tab Control Issue

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6881059003

September 29, 2008, 04:49 PM
Moogle
[SOLVED] HTML Layout Painter - Tab Control Issue
Hi,

I have a question about the new Tab Control available through the HTML Layout Painter (v7.6.x+). I'm not asking about BID Tabs.

I have three tabs; one shows a summary report, one shows a detail report, and the third contains an html launch page that can be used to refresh the first two tabs based on filters and a run button.

When the user presses the run button, the other two tabs are refreshed, but the parm screen is still displayed. The user has to click on either of the first two tabs to see the results of their launch page. What I'd like is to take the user to the summary tab after it's been populated.

I've tried all sorts of things, but I'm thinking some sort of javascript might be the way to go. Problem is... how do I reference these darn tabs via the DOM? Or... am I totally looking in the wrong place? Is there some built-in-to-WF way of attaining my goal?

Cheers,

Joey

WF 7.6.5

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

-WebFOCUS 8.2.01 on Windows
October 14, 2008, 03:50 PM
Kerry
Hi Joey,

Has this issue been resolved on your side?

The suggestion from our internal would be to open a case with Information Builders' Customer Support Services. You may either call at 1-800-736-6130, or access online at InfoResponse.

Hope this helps. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
March 16, 2011, 09:01 AM
Craig R.
This issue is marked "SOLVED," but I'm not seeing the solution! (Is it just me?) As I'm facing this same issue, I'd sure like to know how to proceed, if anyone can help.

Thanks,

Craig

v8.1.04, 64-bit Windows (Reporting Server), Apache Tomcat (Web/App Server), HTML, PDF, AHTML, Excel outputs
March 16, 2011, 03:20 PM
Enigma006
May be Moogle got this resolved from a case with IBI. This is what I was mentioning in the other post. During these scenarios if the solution suggested is posted here, others will not need to open case again with customer service.

Thanks

HTML,PDF,EXL2K, Active, All
March 16, 2011, 05:28 PM
Moogle
Hi Team,

You can reference the tabs in javascript like so:

document.getElementById('tabitem1')

In this case, tabitem1 is the name of the tab itself. If you are in the HTML composer, you create a tab control and click the tab itself. Over in the properties pane, it should say tabitem1. Add a new tab and click it and it should say tabitem2.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Joey
March 17, 2011, 10:43 AM
Craig R.
Moogle:

So can you describe the JavaScript code necessary to simulate a user clicking on, say, tabitem1? In other words, how, through code, can I "open" tabitem1 if tabitem2 is the tab currently showing? Do you just fire the click event for tabitem1?? (I thought I had tried that already to no avail. Maybe I just need to revisit that code!)

Thanks,

Craig

v8.1.04, 64-bit Windows (Reporting Server), Apache Tomcat (Web/App Server), HTML, PDF, AHTML, Excel outputs
March 17, 2011, 04:16 PM
Craig R.
I DID revisit my code; must have done something wrong previously. Anyway, here is all it takes, for example, to open up the first tab of a tab control from within the second tab on that same tab control:

document.getElementById('tabitem1').click();

I issue this in the onclick event of a submit button that's on the second tab when I catch an entry error a user has made in a control on the first tab. Takes the user right back to tab 1 without having to manually click tabitem1... Neat! (And too simple. Why did I assume there would have to be some other "magic" involved?!)

Regards,

Craig