Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Formatting fractional figures

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Formatting fractional figures
 Login/Join

<Stahl>
posted
I want to format a fractional figure in a way, that values less then 0 have 1 (and exactly 1) leading zero.

e.g.
Value = 4.555 Formatted = 4.555
Value = 12.44 Formatted = 12.44
Value = .543 Formatted = 0.543

The numeric display option "L" doesn't work.
Any idea to solve this problem?

Best regards
Stahl

Report This Post
<TonyW>
posted
Try using SET CENT-ZERO. I have not used this feature myself as we are on R7.1.1 and this is a R7.2 and above feature. If you are on a release prior to 7.2 then its a 'manual' work around to get the 1 leading zero. We use FTOA to convert the number to text and test the numeric value to determine if a lead zero is required...its a pain so I hope you are on 7.2 !
Regards

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Same question about Leading Zero has been posted last week.

Regards,
Mikel

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mabel>,

Posts: 173 | Location: Madrid, Spain | Registered: May 09, 2003Report This Post