Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [RESOLVED] Report Caster Reporting Synonym

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[RESOLVED] Report Caster Reporting Synonym
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Is there a known synonym model to properly join the ReportCaster tables (BOT...)? I want to attempt to report on report caster jobs and would rather use a known model than attempt to come up with one on my own.

If this helps, here is what I am trying to do: If a report caster job runs, we can have it notify us if it fails or even if it runs. However, if the report caster job fails to run at it's "next scheduled time", there is no notification. We just had a case where a bunch of report caster jobs hadn't run for a couple days and we didn't realize it. I restarted the reportcaster service and they ran right away. However, since they didn't run and thus didn't "fail", we had no notification. I'm going to attempt to create an alert that will notify us if a job was "supposed to run" but didn't (like if [current date/time] > [next run time for a given job] ). But to do this, I need to join the report caster tables.

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Scott Matson,

WebFOCUS 8007

Master
posted Hide Post
Your Repository should be some kind of SQL database (our is MSSQL). As long as you have a WebFOCUS Adapter that will read the database, you should be able to create a connection to the repository just like you do for any other data source. Once you have that, you can build your synonyms.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.

Posts: 975 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Scott,

The two main tables that you might want to consider are BOTSCHED and BOTTASK - join them on PACKETID.

I would normally make BOTTASK the parent so that you have a many-to-one join rather than one-to-many.

Good luck Smiler

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post