Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Migrate SQL Server IBI Repository

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Migrate SQL Server IBI Repository
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi,

MSDB is damanged on our SQL Server and we therefore need to move the IBI Repositiry database (BOTLOG BOTSHED etc tables) to a new server. I have read through the basics of DataMigrator tool - but am unsure as to whether this is something I would use to perform the task - or could it be that I just need to move the database and then 'point' webfocus/reportcaster at this new location. Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks.

Windows
HTML, PDF, Excel etc
DevStudio/Webfocus/Focus IBM
SQL Server 2000 / 2008
DB2

Posts: 78 | Location: UK | Registered: February 07, 2008Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
If you know how and it's easy, just move the database and update the caster settings. This will definitely work as I did similar when upgrading to 76.

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Moving the database is not the problem, it's finding the correct settings within Report Caster.

I am currently reading a document about Context Factory within the Report Caster Server config, but there seems little detail as to how one goes about changing these settings - currently they are all blank, which I assume is the default..?

Is there some sort of document/manual available that explains in detail which settings to change?

Thanks.

Windows
HTML, PDF, Excel etc
SQL Server 2000 / 2008
DB2

Expert
posted Hide Post
Are the data in the original RC tables good? That is where the RC configuration is stored as well as the schedules. Boy, I hope you didn't lose all of your schedules as well.

I would not use Data Migrator to move the data. I would use the migrate facility documented in the WebFOCUS installation manual. Even though it is written for doing upgrades, it works for moving to a new platform.

If your orginal tables are toast, maybe you can restore from a backup. I would also open a case and enlist IBI's support in this effort.

I would also recommend for the future that you take screen prints (using a tool like SnagIt) of your RC configuration screens. This will help when it is time to upgrade and you need to re-install RC. And it would be useful now if you needed to reconfigure.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
The tables are all fine - reportcaster is working 100%, it's just scheduling and dts that have completely fallen over, as well as views giving errors..that I have found so far. Thanks for the help I will have a look at the installation guide.

Jinx.

Windows
HTML, PDF, Excel etc
SQL Server 2000 / 2008
DB2