Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] UOA_GROUPSUSERS update process

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] UOA_GROUPSUSERS update process
 Login/Join

posted
I'm looking for information on the process for updating and entering data in the UOA_GROUPSUSERS table in the WebFOCUS Repository. I am currently having a problem with users in Mapped Groups not being added to the table successfully. Additionally their Group Membership reports are not showing their memberships in the WebFOCUS groups mapped to Active Directory groups. I have a case open for the issue but I'm looking to understand the step by step process for updating the UOA_GROUPSUSERS and UOA_GROUPS tables.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Robert Bright

Owner, Sr. Business Intelligence Consultant
Bright Ideas Consulting
brightideasbiconsulting@gmail.com

Posts: 14 | Location: Greenwood, IN | Registered: June 27, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Robert

When using Active Directory with external groups I don't think the UOA_GROUPSUSERS table contains that info, it is depending on AD to provide the users in that group. I have seen what you are experiencing before and if I remember correctly it is a configuration issue with the External Security. Continue to work with techsupport and they should be able to get you working.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
It shouldn’t matter if you’re using the domain template to create the domain folders and their associated groups –vs- manually adding them. That information should be updating your repository whatever method is used. We’re set up to AUTOADD users and every once in a while I’ll notice that it won’t fully AUTOADD a user, i.e., it will add the user but it only adds it to the IBFS:SYS/GROUPS level. I’m not sure why this happens as I’ve never opened a case concerning same, but when it does, I temporarily un-map the AD group and then manually add the user to the group. I’d like to hear how IBI responds to your case.

8.8.09 - z/Linux (WF, Report Caster, Report Library).
Iway FFS on MVS (HFS)

Posts: 36 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: December 05, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the delayed response on this guys. Unfortunately, the case has taken some twists and turns due to unexpected configuration settings dealing with External Security. We never really addressed the original question with Supoprt, so this is still a mystery to me. I've found that UOA_GROUPSUSERS got populated with this information at one point but does not seem to be getting updated now. I have not determined the pattern as of yet, but I'm starting to suspect that the information that is currently in the table is from a time when the Resource Templates were used. To Craig's point, I have noticed similar issues with AUTOADD users but that's looking more and more coincidental since we made some changes to our AD that changed the user authentication process.

What I'd really like to know is if the application ever reads these tables for any process other than presenting membership reports. It would be interesting to know if user/group permissions to WF resources can be affected by missing entries.

Robert Bright

Owner, Sr. Business Intelligence Consultant
Bright Ideas Consulting
brightideasbiconsulting@gmail.com

Posts: 14 | Location: Greenwood, IN | Registered: June 27, 2006Report This Post