Focal Point
[CLOSED] Firefox & RIA Themed HTML pages don't seem to get along

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6907010326

August 08, 2012, 05:09 PM
Moogle
[CLOSED] Firefox & RIA Themed HTML pages don't seem to get along
Hi Team,

I've built a pile of HTML forms using RIA Themes. They work well in the latest IE and Chrome versions, but do not load in Firefox (tested v14). The page stalls at 'Loading, please wait...' so I removed the loading screen (loadingscreen="none" in the body tag), but that didn't solve the issue. Now it hangs at a blank page.

I have definitively narrowed this down to RIA Themes and Firefox, by doing this:

-Create new HTML page in the composer
-Add a single label to the page saying "test"
-Added the page to my BID, logged in with Firefox, it works well
-Edited the DOCUMENT properties, picked a RIA Theme, saved
-Refreshed the BID, and the page hangs on the loading screen

The same page works fine in IE and Chrome.

I'll enter a case, but I've already searched the IBI's browser compatibility list and Firefox with BID is listed as 'under evaluation.' So, what I'm hoping for is a trick from the community to get this working, if possible.

Cheers,

Joey

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

-WebFOCUS 8.2.01 on Windows
August 09, 2012, 04:47 AM
Wep5622
Is there anything suspicious in Firefox's console?

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :
August 13, 2012, 03:19 PM
M Meagher
I have noticed the 7.7.03 web console does not open in Firefox 14 anymore. It started happening last month. I have to open it in IE.
August 15, 2012, 11:07 AM
Francis Mariani
For your interest, WF 7.7.03 is certified to work with Firefox v4!

Web Browser Support for WebFOCUS (sign-in required).

And some simple things don't even work in v4 so v14 is out of the question.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
August 16, 2012, 04:11 PM
Moogle
As an update, CSS created an RIA page that works in FF14. Sounds like a local config issue, or something else, rather than a straight incompatibility. We will keep investigating and I will update again when I know more.

Cheers,

Joey