Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Fieldname not recognized in SUBFOOT

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Fieldname not recognized in SUBFOOT
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I followed the pattern that I saw from several other posts to include a subfoot on a certain field since subtotals take up two rows.

Here is an example of what I've seen recommended:

BY CUSTOMER_NAME NOPRINT
ON CUSTOMER_NAME SUBFOOT
"Total Amount for <CUSTOMER_NAME: <ST.QUANTITY"

However, this gives me the following error:
 FIELDNAME NOT RECOGNIZED: CUSTOMER_NAME 

This code works fine (removing the name of the field I'm "subfooting" on:

BY CUSTOMER_NAME NOPRINT
ON CUSTOMER_NAME SUBFOOT
"Total Amount: <ST.QUANTITY"

If I take that field out of the subfoot, it works fine, but I've seen multiple posts with this type of code and nobody else complained said that it didn't work, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've tried fully qualifying the fieldname with the table file name and segment, and that doesn't make a difference.

I'm not sure why it can recognize the field name for the BY statement and the ON statement, but not in the SUBFOOT statement, though it does correctly calculate the subtotal of QUANTITY.

ANSWER from Alan & diogopc:
You can't have anything next to the field name or it will consider it part of the field. Here, the colon was messing up the interpreter.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J.Hines,

Prod: 8.2.0.4 OS:Windows 10 Output:AHTML, Excel 2007+

The life of a designer is a life of fight against the ugliness.

Posts: 141 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 10, 2012Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
BY CUSTOMER_NAME NOPRINT
ON CUSTOMER_NAME SUBFOOT
"Total Amount for <CUSTOMER_NAME: <ST.QUANTITY"

Could it be that the colon is getting in the way, try a space between the field name and the colon.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
It's exactly what Alan said.

For example,

this works:

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
	SALES
BY	COUNTRY
ON COUNTR SUBFOOT
"Total Amount for <COUNTRY : <ST.SALES"
END 

this doesn't:

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
	SALES
BY	COUNTRY
ON COUNTR SUBFOOT
"Total Amount for <COUNTRY: <ST.SALES"
END 

WebFOCUS App Studio 8103
Windows7
All outputs

Posts: 58 | Location: London, UK | Registered: May 09, 2011Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Jiminy Cricket and all his friends...

Thank you guys.

I wouldn't think a colon was valid in a field name, hence it should stop looking if it hits something that's not alphanumeric, underscore, or hyphen.
There needs to be some way to set off a field completely. There should not be a space before a colon. I tried using the || concatenator, but that resulted in everything after the first set being cut off.

EDIT: I thought I had another issue in that it wasn't printing the name even though there was no error, but it was a data issue.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J.Hines,

Prod: 8.2.0.4 OS:Windows 10 Output:AHTML, Excel 2007+

The life of a designer is a life of fight against the ugliness.

Posts: 141 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 10, 2012Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
To get no space between the field and the colon, use:
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
	SALES
BY	COUNTRY
ON COUNTR SUBFOOT
"Total Amount for <COUNTRY|: <ST.SALES"
END 

Single concat, you were nearly there with the double concat!

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
BY CUSTOMER_NAME NOPRINT
ON CUSTOMER_NAME SUBFOOT
"Total Amount for <CUSTOMER_NAME<+0>: <ST.QUANTITY" 

Spot markers still work ....

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP

Posts: 674 | Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada ... In Focus since 1985 | Registered: September 28, 2010Report This Post