Focal Point
[SOLVED] Restore Managed reporting fex file names

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6917059966

April 02, 2014, 01:32 AM
Anmol
[SOLVED] Restore Managed reporting fex file names
Hi All,
I recently had some issues with my Devlopment environment folder, in MRE, I had around 1000+ .fex files which was created in MRE, and somehow got deleted from my Webfocus Developer studio, I recovered all the files from the server, but the problem is for all the files the orignial name is not there, the file names are like auto -generated by the tool(e.g. app/txceo.fex) .
Now I wanted to have its original file names.
I tried searching various options, but no luck.
Is this possible in webfocus or not? Can I restore the original file names by any way?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Atul.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFocus7.6.2, WebFocus 7.1.1,Windows
HTML, PDF and Excel
April 02, 2014, 12:10 PM
susannah
sounds like you're talking about a domain (basedir/somedomain/app/..., rather than backend fexes (ibi/apps/...).
sounds like you're using the term 'original filename' to refer to the display name that you can use for fexes within MRE. the 'actual file name' is the name that your system's file system uses e.g. app/txceo.fex, the true name of the file. On the other hand, the display name is the one you can assign within MRE to make the name more meaningful, prettier, etc.
the connection between Actual filename and Fancy filename can be found in the domain's .htm file. That's the file that the java tool reads and displays the domain's content.
If you have recovered the content of the domain's {domainname}/app/ folder, you'll also need to recover the domain's {domainname}.htm file that existed at the same time.
Look inside that file, and you'll see the pairings of the Actual name and the Fancy name.

I do my file work from within MRE, never from DevStu.
any help?

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID
April 08, 2014, 11:37 AM
Anmol
Hi Susan,
This is really helpful, I can able to get the detail about the originial file names.
Thanks for this help!
Have a nice day ahead!!

WebFocus7.6.2, WebFocus 7.1.1,Windows
HTML, PDF and Excel