Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     MRE Report Help Facility

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
MRE Report Help Facility
 Login/Join

Master
posted
We are generally an amperautoprompting shop and
I am thinking of creating an MRE report help facility.

The idea would be to create a spreadsheet with two columns one containing the report id and one containing the help info. (Nothing as sophisticated as context sensitive help!)

However I am sure that vast cool intelligences must have looked upon this problem from afar in previous times so I would be interested how other forum members handle the problem of help for reports in MRE.

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
We don't have one.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Leah

No Help!

I can just imagine you there with your edastart -t generated WebFOCUS command line session coding away as if it is still 1983... Smiler

I was amazed to find this feature still exists. I might try it myself later on.

Anyone out there still using the terminal command line? Is there a legacy copy of TED around. (This was standalone, I know, because we purchased it separately because people were used to xedit).

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Good ole TED Smiler

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hammo1j,

Actually, there is a sort of a help facility available for domains in MRE.
Every domain has its own folder within the basedir, and in this folder are three more folders.
The app folder is the one that contains the procedures, and also the help-file for that domain. This help file gets loaded into the browser when you click on the help icon in the mre toolbar (the rightmost icon).
Whatever is in this help file will get shown.
Hope this helps.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
If I remember correctly the Help for MRE is only available from the MRE interface not the Dashboard.

You could add a simple link (as a Standard Report) to a file on your web server that contains the information you want to display.

ttfn, kp

Access to most releases from R52x, on multiple platforms.

Posts: 346 | Location: Melbourne Australia | Registered: April 15, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't use the edastart -t much. I usually use the command console in Dev Studio for that now.

I do wish that we could still use CRTFORMS though for when I develop apps for mainframe FOCUS which would allow me to do some of the work while I'm on the train or something.

WebFOCUS 8.1.04; SQL Server 2012; Windows 7; Windows Server 2012 R2;

posted Hide Post
Yes only MR applet user interface has the option to view the contents within the domain help file. There is project 85280 (MIP 102853) tracking the new feature request to enhance Dashboard. If you would like to be informed of when the NF is implemented in Dashboard please open a case with Customer Support. FYI, we are actively working on enhancements in Dashboard for MR Admins and Developers to create Standard Reports and Reporting Objects for the next major NF release.

Susan Trommer
Information Builders

Expert
posted Hide Post
I use edastart -t quite a bit to debug data source issues. Sometimes you get better error messages.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post