As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.
Join the TIBCO Community TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.
From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.
Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.
Let me share 2 scenarios where absolute file referencing can be a nightmare:
You have two directories lets say test and dev. you have a summary and drill down report in test that you copy over to dev. Weird... the report still runs even though there are absolute paths. You make a change to the drilldown fex but nothing happens. Someone wipes out your test directory and now the report doesn't work and you don't know why (it claims it cannot find the file).
This is because the drilldown was pointing to the fex in your test folder, not the one you just copied over.
Another thing that can happen is that you may have permission to your test folder so the report appears to be running fine (even though it is actually hitting a report in the wrong place). You don't think twice about it and put it into production. End users can't run the report but you can and you have no idea why.
The option to reference files relatively or by fully qualified path would be best. This isn't a NFR, we just want relative file referencing back.
WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08 Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08 App Studio 8.0.08 Windows 7 ALL Outputs
Posts: 402 | Location: Upland, IN | Registered: June 08, 2012
Here is a workaround - instead of relative reference, use the Content folder full path variable. Here are tested code snippets.
1) Set up the drilldown fex full path based on the parent's fex full path:
&IBIMR_fullpath is a system variable that contains the full path and fex name of the executing fex.
Using the String Replace function, substitute the executing fex name with the drilldown fex name. In this code snippet I use &FOCFEXNAME because it contains the fex name without the full path, but you could also type in the actual fex name instead of using the variable.
I had to add the "FOCEXEC=" code to the &DRILLDOWN_FEX variable because when used later in the code, the variable value was being prefixed by a second "IBFS:/WFC/".
As explained above, for cleanliness, I wanted to have &DRILLDOWN_FEX only contain the full path and fex name (e.g. "IBFS:/WFC/Repository/testing/specialreports/cfa2_cf_active_bal_drilldown.fex" and then in the drilldown code I wanted FOCEXEC=&DRILLDOWN_FEX but when I did this, I got the second "IBFS:/WFC/" (i.e. "FOCEXEC=IBFS:/WFC/IBFS:/WFC/Repository/testing/specialreports/cfa2_cf_active_bal_drilldown.fex"). Less clean but this works.
Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991
Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server