Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     dashboard login redirect question

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
dashboard login redirect question
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I'm trying to figure out a way to change the login page of our dashboard login page to integrate both our production and development login pages into one. I basically need to figure out a way with say the use of a drop down (containing either development or production as choices) to redirect the user to the appropriate environment without having the hassle of going to two different login pages.

We basically dont want users creating reports in dashboard with production data until they design them properly so I'm setting them all up in both environments.

Any help/suggestions would be great, thanks!

Eric

dev: WF 7.6.5 w/IIS + Tomcat

prod: WF 7.6.5 w/IIS + Tomcat

Posts: 153 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: February 24, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
My other question is how to create two different dashboard login pages on one server. In addition to the page I mentioned in my post above we wanted to keep our original dashboard login pages for run users.

Eric

Posts: 153 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: February 24, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The only way I could thing of is based onthe choice you could redirect to either
http://prod/ibi_apps/bid
or
http://test/ibi_apps/bid

WF7.1.4 Prod/Test, MRE, self serve, DM

Posts: 176 | Location: Desplaines | Registered: August 05, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah that I know, I wanted the login page to redirect them to the appropriate server after they are logged in if possible.

Is it possible to create a complete seperate page from dashboard which would send the user id / password variables into the dashboard login pages and have it auto-submit or something?

Eric

Expert
posted Hide Post
I have done something like what you require. Create a copy of WORP_login.jsp in the same webapps folder and then modify the copy to include a drop down box that when selected, javascript changes the form ACTION to the select box value which contains the server that you want to logon to - ie. instead of the default form ACTION "/ibi_apps/Controller", it should change it to "http://servername/ibi_apps/Controller/".

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Just a word of caution here. Francis' suggestion will work MOST of the time. However, if you have clustered WebFOCUS servers, or some other non-standard installation, then this may not work. If you notice very sporatic invalid logins or being re-prompted for credentials, then this will be the culprit.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thats what I was looking for! We only have a server for production and another for development. Thanks guys.

Do you guys know the answer to my other question: which is two use two different versions of the worp_login.jsp page?

Basically a http://server/ibi_apps/bid-login2 or something. If not I will just end up using the new login page (with the dropdown) on my development machine.

Eric

Expert
posted Hide Post
.eric, you can have multiple login pages. I suggested making a copy - that's a second login page. Perhaps I misunderstood your question.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post