Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     passing parms from HTML to another HTML to another HTML to a fex.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
passing parms from HTML to another HTML to another HTML to a fex.
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I can pass parms from an HTML to a Fex and it works great, what i am needing to do is have an HTML come up to select a year, then pull up another HTML where they select EITHER a customer or in another box, enter the job number for a specific job. From this second HTML, you get another selection HTML where they can choose a specific invoice for the custoer they selected or the job they entered. Both will call the same HTML. THEN from there call the Fex. I am having problems passing those parms from the first HTML to the next.

What i get is the following:
Error occurred.
ERROR: ERROR_MR_CANT_OPEN_FEX Can't open file to read content.
When i do a View Source on that screen i get this:

WebFOCUS Message: ERROR_MR_CANT_OPEN_FEX Can't open file to read content.

Error occurred.

ERROR: ERROR_MR_CANT_OPEN_FEX Can't open file to read content.

Any ideas what i need to do. I am relatively new to using HTML to drive a fex so be easy on me! I am sure it is something simple that i am missing here. Also below is the first HTML then the second one. Thanks in advance!

First HTML

< !-- Generated by Report Layout Painter -->
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Reporting
</TITLE>
<script id=IBI_OptionsScript type=text/javascript>
var rltVersion = "714";
var cgipath = "cgipath";
var ibirls = "ibirls2";
var multidrill = "multidrill";
var mntFormValidate = "mntFormValidate";
var dyncalendar = "dyncalendar";
var olap="olap";
var olappanebase="olappanebase";
var ibixmltree="ibixmltree";
var ibilangtrans="ibilangtrans";
var olapdrill="olapdrill";
var ibiOptions = new Array(cgipath,ibirls,mntFormValidate,ibilangtrans,dyncalendar,olap,olappanebase,olapdrill,multidrill);
</SCRIPT>

<script id=IBI_nls src="/ibi_html/javaassist/nls.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>

<script id=IBI_ibigbl src="/ibi_html/javaassist/ibi/html/js/ibigbl.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>

<script id=IBI_ibigblloadCss type=text/javascript>
ibigblloadCss(null);</SCRIPT>

<script id=IBI_RelCallBack type=text/javascript>function AdjustChildrenPosition(){
}
</SCRIPT>

<script id=clientEventHandlersJS type=text/javascript>
function button1_OnClick(ctrl) {
// TODO: add validation code here
OnExecute(ctrl)
}

function window_onload() {
UpdateData();
// TODO: Add your event handler code here
}
</SCRIPT>

<script for=window eventname="onload">window.onload = function() { window_onload(); }</SCRIPT>
</HEAD>
<BODY style="OVERFLOW: auto">
<SPAN id=text2 style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 20pt; Z-INDEX: 6; LEFT: 220px; WIDTH: 350px; COLOR: #660000; FONT-STYLE: normal; LIST-STYLE-TYPE: none; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 30px; HEIGHT: 40px; TEXT-ALIGN: center; FONT-VARIANT: normal" tabIndex=6>Reporting
</SPAN> 
<SPAN id=text1 style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; Z-INDEX: 7; LEFT: 140px; WIDTH: 530px; COLOR: blue; FONT-STYLE: normal; LIST-STYLE-TYPE: none; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 70px; HEIGHT: 38px; TEXT-ALIGN: center; FONT-VARIANT: normal" tabIndex=7>
<DIV>Select the contract year then either select a school or enter the job number in the search boxes below.
</DIV>
</SPAN>
<SELECT id=combobox1 style="Z-INDEX: 2; LEFT: 340px; WIDTH: 70px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 130px" tabIndex=2 size=1 name=FYEAR addalloption="0" operation datafield="FYEAR" displayfield="FYEAR" datasource="app/sipar001.fex" datatype="1" datafieldtype="INTEGER" sourcetype="typeFex" requiredfield="89836064" accept="0" ibiapp_app IBIMR_folder="#siparchivere">
</SELECT>  
<INPUT language=java_script id=button1 style="Z-INDEX: 5; LEFT: 310px; WIDTH: 140px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 190px; HEIGHT: 40px" onclick=button1_OnClick[this) tabIndex=5 type=submit value=Run name=button1 requests_list="0">
<FIELDSET id=groupbox1 style="LEFT: 60px; WIDTH: 760px; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: outset; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: outset; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: outset; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 20px; HEIGHT: 260px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: silver; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: outset" tabIndex=6>
</FIELDSET>
<INPUT id=IBIMR_domain style="LEFT: -100px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -100px" type=hidden value=developm/developm.htm name=IBIMR_domain>
<INPUT id=IBIMR_folder style="LEFT: -100px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -100px" type=hidden value=#jennyvi49cg9 name=IBIMR_folder>
<INPUT id=ibif_ex style="LEFT: -100px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -100px" type=hidden value=app/sipar001.htm name=ibif_ex>
<INPUT id=ibiapp_app style="LEFT: -100px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -100px" type=hidden name=ibiapp_app ismre="1">
<INPUT id=ibic_server style="LEFT: -100px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -100px" type=hidden value=EDASERVE name=ibic_server>
<xml id=ibi_requests>
<requests>

<request requestid="0" sourcetype="typeFex" targettype="1" targetname="_blank" ibif_ex="app/sipar003.htm" IBIMR_folder="#prismreports" ibiapp_app="" paramremovedbyuser="FYEAR">

<variables>

<variable field="FYEAR" file=" " desc="FYEAR" datatype="0" operation="" default="" name="FYEAR" accept="0" type="default" select="0" controltype="7">

</variable>

</variables>

</request>
</requests>
</xml>
</BODY>
</HTML>

[i]Second HTML[/i]
< !-- Generated by Report Layout Painter -->
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<script id=IBI_OptionsScript type=text/javascript>
var rltVersion = "714";
var cgipath = "cgipath";
var ibirls = "ibirls2";
var multidrill = "multidrill";
var mntFormValidate = "mntFormValidate";
var dyncalendar = "dyncalendar";
var olap="olap";
var olappanebase="olappanebase";
var ibixmltree="ibixmltree";
var ibilangtrans="ibilangtrans";
var olapdrill="olapdrill";
var ibiOptions = new Array(cgipath,ibirls,mntFormValidate,ibilangtrans,dyncalendar,olap,olappanebase,olapdrill,multidrill);
</SCRIPT>

<script id=IBI_nls src="/ibi_html/javaassist/nls.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>

<script id=IBI_ibigbl src="/ibi_html/javaassist/ibi/html/js/ibigbl.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>

<script id=IBI_ibigblloadCss type=text/javascript>
ibigblloadCss(null);</SCRIPT>

<script id=IBI_RelCallBack type=text/javascript>function AdjustChildrenPosition(){
}
</SCRIPT>
<TITLE>Reporting
</TITLE>
<script id=clientEventHandlersJS type=text/javascript>
function button1_OnClick(ctrl) {
// TODO: add validation code here
OnExecute(ctrl)
}

function window_onload() {
UpdateData();
// TODO: Add your event handler code here
}
</SCRIPT>

<script for=window eventname="onload">window.onload = function() { window_onload(); }</SCRIPT>
</HEAD>
<BODY style="OVERFLOW: auto">
<SPAN id=text2 style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 20pt; Z-INDEX: 6; LEFT: 170px; WIDTH: 500px; COLOR: #660000; FONT-STYLE: normal; LIST-STYLE-TYPE: none; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 30px; HEIGHT: 64px; TEXT-ALIGN: center; FONT-VARIANT: normal" tabIndex=6>Customer Lookup
</SPAN> 
<SPAN id=text1 style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; Z-INDEX: 7; LEFT: 170px; WIDTH: 510px; COLOR: blue; FONT-STYLE: normal; LIST-STYLE-TYPE: none; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 70px; HEIGHT: 38px; TEXT-ALIGN: center; FONT-VARIANT: normal" tabIndex=7>
<DIV>Either select a school or enter the job number in the search boxes below and press the run button 
</DIV>
</SPAN>
<SPAN id=text1 style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; Z-INDEX: 3; LEFT: 90px; WIDTH: 180px; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 130px; HEIGHT: 30px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: silver; TEXT-ALIGN: center" tabIndex=3>Select Customer from list
</SPAN>
<INPUT id=edit2 style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; Z-INDEX: 2; LEFT: 490px; WIDTH: 180px; FONT-FAMILY: ARIAL; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 160px; HEIGHT: 30px; TEXT-ALIGN: center" tabIndex=2 accept=0 size=18 name=PJOBNO datafieldtype="INTIGER" datatype="0" datasource displayfield datafield operation="NONE" addalloption="0">
<SELECT id=combobox1 style="Z-INDEX: 2; LEFT: 90px; WIDTH: 300px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 160px" tabIndex=2 size=1 name=JOBNO datafieldtype="INTEGER" datatype="1" datasource="app/sipar002.fex" displayfield="JOBNO" datafield="JOBNO" operation addalloption="0" IBIMR_folder="#siparchivere" ibiapp_app accept="0" requiredfield="89836064" sourcetype="typeFex">
</SELECT>
<SPAN id=text4 style="FONT-SIZE: 16pt; Z-INDEX: 7; LEFT: 400px; WIDTH: 40px; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: ARIAL; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 130px; HEIGHT: 30px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: silver; TEXT-ALIGN: center" tabIndex=8>OR
</SPAN>
<SPAN id=text2 style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; Z-INDEX: 4; LEFT: 490px; WIDTH: 240px; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 130px; HEIGHT: 30px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: silver; TEXT-ALIGN: center" tabIndex=4>Enter All or Partial AS/400 Job #
</SPAN>
<INPUT language=java_script id=button1 style="Z-INDEX: 5; LEFT: 340px; WIDTH: 140px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 210px; HEIGHT: 40px" onclick=button1_OnClick[this) tabIndex=5 type=submit value=Run name=button1 requests_list="0">
<FIELDSET id=groupbox1 style="LEFT: 60px; WIDTH: 760px; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: outset; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: outset; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: outset; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 20px; HEIGHT: 350px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: silver; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: outset" tabIndex=6>
</FIELDSET>
<INPUT id=IBIMR_domain style="LEFT: -100px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -100px" type=hidden value=developm/developm.htm name=IBIMR_domain>
<INPUT id=IBIMR_folder style="LEFT: -100px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -100px" type=hidden value=#jennyvi49cg9 name=IBIMR_folder>
<INPUT id=ibif_ex style="LEFT: -100px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -100px" type=hidden value=app/sipar002.htm name=ibif_ex>
<INPUT id=ibiapp_app style="LEFT: -100px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -100px" type=hidden name=ibiapp_app ismre="1">
<INPUT id=ibic_server style="LEFT: -100px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -100px" type=hidden value=EDASERVE name=ibic_server>
<xml id=ibi_requests>
<requests>

<request requestid="0" sourcetype="typeFex" targettype="1" targetname="_blank" ibif_ex="app/sipar003.fex" IBIMR_folder="#jennyvi49cg9" ibiapp_app="" paramremovedbyuser="PINVNO&PJOBNO">

<variables>

<variable field="PINVNO" file="" desc="PINVNO" datatype="0" operation="" default="" name="PINVNO" accept="0" type="default" select="0" controltype="7">

</variable>

<variable field="PJOBNO" file="" desc="PJOBNO" datatype="0" operation="" default="" name="PJOBNO" accept="0" type="default" select="0" controltype="7">

</variable>

</variables>

</request>
</requests>
</xml>
</BODY>
</HTML> 

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JennyM,

Jen
WF7.1.4
Win/nt/win2003
HTML/PDF/Excel2000

Posts: 67 | Location: Marceline, Missouri | Registered: August 09, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
OR if there is an easier way to do this, i am game for that too.

Jen
WF7.1.4
Win/nt/win2003
HTML/PDF/Excel2000

Posts: 67 | Location: Marceline, Missouri | Registered: August 09, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Jen,
you can use window.opener method in javascript function to get the calling HTML values as,
window.opener.document.getElementById("combobox1").value

and once you got this value you can user this value in second HTML and and can then pass to the fex file.

thanks.
Anmol

WebFocus7.6.2, WebFocus 7.1.1,Windows
HTML, PDF and Excel

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Anmol, i am not familiar with that, can you give me an example of from one to another HTML? or a place to go see examples?

Jen
WF7.1.4
Win/nt/win2003
HTML/PDF/Excel2000

Gold member
posted Hide Post
first_html.htm
//Begin function button1_onclick
function button1_onclick(ctrl) {
OnExecute(ctrl)
}

having once combobox as 'combobox1' name
and one submit button to call the second_html
when click on the submit button second_html.htm gets open

second_html.htm

//code

//Begin function button1_onclick
function button1_onclick(ctrl) {
alert(window.opener.document.getElementById("combobox1").value);
var parentVarValue = window.opener.document.getElementById("combobox1").value;  // gets the parent combobox seleted value
alert(parentVarValue);
document.getElementById("inputhidden1").value= parentVarValue;   // stores the combobox value in the hiden field.

OnExecute(ctrl)
}
//End function button1_onclick
other code

///having one inputhidden field as "inputhidden1" name.
one other combobox from which user can select one of the value.
// one Submit button which will call a fex 

Fex code(test_htm_htm_fex_call.fex)
-* File test_htm_htm_fex_call.fex
-SET &ECHO='ALL';
-DEFAULT &First_htm_combobox_Value ='1234';
-DEFAULT &Second_htm_combobox_value ='abc';

-TYPE &First_htm_combobox_Value
-TYPE &Second_htm_combobox_value

The basic idea is you need to use the window.opener value and then you need to set that value in one of the hidden fields and
then you can use this value in the fex files
Hopes this helps.

Regards,
Anmol

WebFocus7.6.2, WebFocus 7.1.1,Windows
HTML, PDF and Excel

Gold member
posted Hide Post
so the window opener works like a holding cell for global use basically??? Ok let me try this and see how it works for me! Thanks!

Jen
WF7.1.4
Win/nt/win2003
HTML/PDF/Excel2000

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I am not getting this to work out quite yet, digging out the HTML for Dummies book....

Jen
WF7.1.4
Win/nt/win2003
HTML/PDF/Excel2000