Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     A document with the name 'WFServlet' is already open.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
A document with the name 'WFServlet' is already open.
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi can anyone help to fix the problem with the error message below? I have a program that the output format is excel. But the problem is after I run the first report and leave it open, I will get the error message shown below if I run the second one because they have the same default name. Is there a way to change the default name to some other name?

Error message start:

A document with the name 'WFServlet' is already open.

You cannot open two documents with the same name, even if the documents are in different folders.

To Open the second document either close the document that's currently open, or rename one of the documents.

End of the error message.

I saw there were some discussion in this forum long time ago but did not have the answer posted. Hope someone will have the answer. Thanks in advance.

WebFOCUS 7.1.6 on Win 2K/IIS 6/ISAPI HTML

Posts: 77 | Location: San Ramon, CA | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/...1057331/m/7271023092

Sayed

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE

Posts: 285 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 27, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Sayed,

Thank you for the link and the info. The solution seems to apply to Webfocus 76 only. I am on WebFocus 71. Is there other solution for 71?

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If you could update your user profile, we would know your version and platform and could help you out a little more.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Darin,

Thanks for the reply. I have already updated my profile. I am using WebFocus 716 running on windows 2000 server. Is there a way to the problem?

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Learner, you're profile is not showing in your signature. Other than an annoyance both will open under IE if you just acknowledge and go on. If the reports need to be saved, you can just save from the excel output.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Try namimg your files.
ON TABLE PCHOLD AS MYFILE1 FORMAT EXL2K

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes

Posts: 755 | Location: TX | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Pat, very much appreciate your suggestion. but it seems that it did not take the name i put, and still uses the default name which is 'WFServlet'.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Learner,
i second what Leah has said. its always going to show you 'wfservlet'. amd you can, in fact, have more than one open at the same time. Just say ok to the windows warning box..and keep going.
And please, so the signature police can go home,
"Go", "Personal Zone", "Profile", "View/Edit"
and add your system/version info to the Signature Box.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Learner,

1) Logon to Focal Point and go into your complete profile.
2) Scroll down the page until you see the “Signature” field.
3) Fill in the signature you want to use. Here is a sample to model:

Prod: WebFOCUS 5.2.3 on Win 2K/IIS 6/ISAPI Mode

4) Once all changes are made/added, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the Submit button.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I think I have added the required info to the signature part correctly this time, but not sure?

Back to my question, some users may want to run serveral reports before they save them to the hard drive. The problem is that the error message is hidden behind the active application and so often users don't see the error message and think that the report is still running. If I can change the default name from 'WFServlet' to different name everytime a new report is generated, it will solve this problem.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I don't think that can be done...unfortunatly.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The link refereed to in Sayed's post is what you are looking for then. It allows you to change from the default name. The only other option is to run the report, "Save As" (save as a different name once it opens) and then run the second report.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
ohhh
thanks darin for 'point'ing that out again...
way cool.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Darin, appreicate your notes. I have gone over the material from that link. The documentation only applies to version 76x. I am on 716, so i can't use that. Do you know if there is a way to fix the problem in 716 version? Simon

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
There is a fix to the 71 version. PM me with your email address, and I will send you the instructions.

p.s. Did you get the JAR file from the post?

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post