Focal Point Banner
Community Center Education Summit Technical Support User Groups
Let's Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Cache or Temporary File?
Go
New
Search
Notify
Tools

Cache or Temporary File?
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I have created a report that brings back results in EXCEL or WORD based on a flat file which specifies such. Here is my problem. After I run the report once, I can change the flat file, but I still get the original version everytime I kick off the servlet...It is like the report is stuck either in cache or as a temporary file and keeps coming up without actually re-running the fex.

Is there any solution to this issue?

Posts: 90 | Registered: April 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<WFUser>
posted
Your problem could be that your browser is caching the URL. Go to Tools --> Internet options --> Settings and select "Every visit to page". If that doesn't work, try changing the EXPIRED_REPORTS setting in the WebFOCUS Client's cgivars.wfs file to 1.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Pietro De Santis>
posted
Depending on how you run the report, you may be able to add a variable containing a random number, which would defeat the browser cache, but leave the WebFOCUS server settings alone.

http://servername.ca/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_webapp=/ib...ANDOM=20040812101223
I usually use the date and time as the random value.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mabel>,

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Pietro and WFUser... I looked at both options and they both work, but I think adding the random number will avoid us having some issues with some existing applications (Don't want to have to rerun the reports against the system everytime someone backpages, etc.)

I added an amper RANDOM and made it a time stamp and everything works perfect...Thanks.

STan

Posts: 90 | Registered: April 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
What would be the down side of changing the server timeout settings to 1?

Thanks. Suzy

Posts: 124 | Location: Lebanon, New Hampshire | Registered: April 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
or just hitting F5 ??

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post