Focal Point
[CLOSED] High CPU usage

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6947079876

October 21, 2015, 01:24 PM
Ezio
[CLOSED] High CPU usage
Hello everyone.
I'm new here.
I am not very experienced with WebFOCUS 8 server administration so at times I find troubleshooting problems a bit difficult.
The System process is consuming a lot of CPU and only drops when I stop the service "server 80 WebFOCUS" returning everything to normal.
I have many users this is causing a lot of problems.
Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Prod: WebFOCUS 8, Windows 2008

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,
October 21, 2015, 05:06 PM
krish
Ideally it will not be the case, initial check I would see is number of agents running on the server and their performance.
October 22, 2015, 10:24 AM
CoolGuy
Like Krish is saying, go to your Reporting Server Console and under the Workspace tab kill any agents that look like they would be the issue. That should not only normalize things for you, but give you the procedures and commands that are bogging things down.

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.
October 22, 2015, 12:19 PM
Ezio
quote:
Originally posted by krish:
Ideally it will not be the case, initial check I would see is number of agents running on the server and their performance.

Hi Krish, i have almost 118 agents running and i'm looking for the procedures and commands that may be causing this problem.

WebFocus 8105
Windows, all output
October 22, 2015, 12:30 PM
krish
Hi Ezio,
Try to target the agents which has high utilization on memory and see everything goes as expected.
October 22, 2015, 12:49 PM
Ezio
quote:
Originally posted by CoolGuy:
Like Krish is saying, go to your Reporting Server Console and under the Workspace tab kill any agents that look like they would be the issue. That should not only normalize things for you, but give you the procedures and commands that are bogging things down.

Hello Cool Guy, I've done it but it seems the problem is in the Oracle database we are accessing.
We are checking it.
This problem appeared yesterday ... suddenly ...

WebFocus 8105
Windows, all output
October 26, 2015, 07:36 AM
Ezio
Hello everyone,
the problem persists in spite of the checks already carried out.
Now I'm checking the antivirus.
If anyone has any idea of what may be causing this problem would be great.
Also suspect some configuration change WebFocus or even the TOMCAT.

WebFocus 8105
Windows, all output