Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Choose which columns to Repeat Sort Value

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Choose which columns to Repeat Sort Value
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I have a report with 9 sort columns and I only want the values to repeat on the last 2 columns. By selecting the specific column I want to repeat and using the Repeat Sort Value button on the Format tab instead I get all 9 sort columns repeating their values.
Is there an easy way to specify just the last 2 columns to repeat, or can I specify which columns to repeat by editing the source code?
Perhaps something that says
ON TxType SET BYDISPLAY ON
and if so do I have to change the statement currently in the code saying
ON TABLE SET BYDISPLAY OFF
?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TRue,

InfoAssist only - Version: 7703
Windows 7
Excel and PDF outputs

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I guess there is no direct way to do so,but you can try following sample code.This works as required:
DEFINE FILE CAR
CNT/I3 WITH MODEL=CNT+1;
END
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
MODEL
BY COUNTRY
BY CNT NOPRINT
BY CAR
END

WF 8.1.04,Infoassist,Oracle, Excel, PDF,HTML.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
This will also work:

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
CAR
MODEL
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR NOPRINT
END

i.e. make your sort field invisible, and then include it as a PRINT field as well.

WebFOCUS 8.2.06 mostly Windows Server

Posts: 195 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: September 13, 2008Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
i.e. make your sort field invisible, and then include it as a PRINT field as well.

That worked, although in my limited experience with coding I didn't fully understand the example. I was able to just use InfoAssist to add the 2 fields to the Sum section (you refer to as PRINT). I left the fields in the Sort section and made them invisible. That kept the data in the same structure & order but allowed the 2 date & text fields to be printed on every line.
Side Note: However, if I was doing this with numerical fields instead of date & text fields I believe I would have had to change the aggregation on them so the Sum section didn't change the output from how they appeared as a sort...
But for this one, it works.
Thanks Twanette!

InfoAssist only - Version: 7703
Windows 7
Excel and PDF outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Great.
In response to you Side Note:
Yes, you're quite right. Same process as per the Alpha field, but on the Sum field you would change the "aggregation" option to e.g. MAX.
No harm doing that with Alpha fields as well.

WebFOCUS 8.2.06 mostly Windows Server

Posts: 195 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: September 13, 2008Report This Post