Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Map as a filter in Portal

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Map as a filter in Portal
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
How to use a Map as a filter in portal(i.e) when a particular state is selected in a map all the metrics in the portal should change based on the selection.
Have anyone did this before.Please suggest me some ideas.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

webFOCUS 8206
Windows 10

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You should be able to create a map that has a Drilldown. In Drilldown dialogue choose Refresh BI Portal and set the Parameter to pass STATE as a field. This will only run inside the portal so to test it you'll have to add this map and any other report/chart that uses &STATE as a filter to a Portal page.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Do you have Infoassist+ by any chance?

Test: WF 8.2
Prod: WF 8.2
DB: Progress, REST, IBM UniVerse/UniData, SQLServer, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Greenplum, Athena.

Posts: 454 | Location: Europe | Registered: February 05, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Babak,
Thank you.
I got it

webFOCUS 8206
Windows 10

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Frans,
Yes i have InfoAssist+.

webFOCUS 8206
Windows 10

Guru
posted Hide Post
With Infoassist+ it's straightforward, just add a map component in the visualisation and add some other stuff. All components are linked to each other by default.

only limitation is that the components need to use the same masterfile.

Test: WF 8.2
Prod: WF 8.2
DB: Progress, REST, IBM UniVerse/UniData, SQLServer, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Greenplum, Athena.

Posts: 454 | Location: Europe | Registered: February 05, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Babak,
I was able to implement the Map as filter in BI portal with Refresh Bi portal in drill down menu.
But now when i use auto drill in map it gives me the following error.

"(FOC3207) MISSING KEYWORD AND/OR VALUE IN STYLESHEET FILE AT LINE 32:
"

webFOCUS 8206
Windows 10