Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]how to add parameter in Application Studio

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]how to add parameter in Application Studio
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hi,

Having a hard time adding a new parameters in Application Studio.I was expecting a "Add parameter" popup when i right click on empty white space under parameter tab, instead it shows like below

Just wanted to add a parameter, I really don't know what i missing out here...

Anyone had this problem

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

-Rifaz

WebFOCUS 7.7.x and 8.x

Posts: 406 | Location: India | Registered: June 13, 2013Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
That is what I expect to see as well.

Always had an option to add parameter.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes

So, how do you add the parameters now? Did you have case raised? Also, when i right click on the binded link(existing developed pages), couldn't see that pane as well.

-Rifaz

WebFOCUS 7.7.x and 8.x

Expert
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I think I confused you

Rightclick add parameter on the parameter tab is how to do it. It works for us.

the only other way is to define the variables in procedure/report and not have them -DEFAULTH'd and they should be bound to the fex.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
A word of warning about using "-DEFAULT" and "-DEFAULTH" in App Studio...

I have found from experience that a parameter variable in a FEX file that is given a default value with the "-DEFAULTH" command will sometimes not be available when creating an HTML page (i.e., it will not appear as a parameter in the "Parameters" tab).

If that happens, change to "-DEFAULT" in the FEX file and refresh the FEX file as a data source in "Requests & Data sources" panel.

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 594 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 04, 2015Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I just need the Add parameter pop up. Confused

-Rifaz

WebFOCUS 7.7.x and 8.x

Master
posted Hide Post
I would open a support request for this, because I don't think that is what you should be seeing when you right-click in the Parameter screen.

In App Studio 8.1.0.5, my right-click shows:

Add Parameter
Auto Arrange
Refresh unresolved
Refresh
Settings

You could, however, go to the "Requests & Data sources" panel and right-click on "Parameters Created in Current Page".

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 594 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 04, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
My guess is that you're in the wrong "context" to get that item in the menu. You probably need to right-click on a more relevant item.

Since App Studio shred the toolbars to ribbons (IMHO one of the worst UI design concepts ever), it's increasingly hard to find the options you're looking for. The items visible to you depend on the context that you're in, but how are we supposed to know that context?

Worse, if you're new to the product, you don't even know what contexts might exist and you won't be able to use many of the available features because you just never run into them.

We're still using Dev Studio, but with the recent graph editor overhaul we're seeing some of these issues and we can't create many of the graphs that we used to be able to. Thankfully, the keywords available to JSCHARTs are documented, so we're back to hand-coding them (which we're best in anyway).

Before you ask, the documents are at: http://infocenter.informationb...Fsource%2Fopener.htm

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your thoughts! I think, will have to open a case. Let's see

-Rifaz

WebFOCUS 7.7.x and 8.x