Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Drop down in document without by

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Drop down in document without by
 Login/Join

posted
Hi, everyone.

I wanted to create document in infoassit and wanted to use drop down option for filtering different values which are not showed in report.

Report should look like:
group by product type and value is sum of EUR, but in drop down I want to show branches. Branches as a value is not showed in report. Currently I can add only those values to drop down which are showed in report.

What could be a workrounds for this? I tried to hide this field in report, but then data is spillted to branches but not showed so it is not a really opition to just hide.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Move Branches to the SUM and hide it. That will make them available for use in the drop down.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, it works.

But not all values are showed in drop down filter. Only some part. If there 5 product types then only 5 branches will be showed in filter.. How can I add all others?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gints,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Guru
posted Hide Post
Gints,

This issue might be due to the SUMming of the data.

If you are in WebFOCUS 8105 you should be able set up a filter on a field even though it is not in the report.

What version are you using? I found that WebFOCUS 8104 did not allow me to filter on a field that is not in the report.

Kind Regards,
Tamra Colangelo
IBI Technical Support
1-800-736-6130

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5

Posts: 487 | Location: Toronto | Registered: June 23, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We are using 8.1.05M. And I am not able to use fields which are not in the report. Maybe this option is somehow disable by administrator? Or it definitely should be there? Maybe there are some issues with synonyms? What can causes this issues?

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Guru
posted Hide Post
Gints,

Do you have access to the CAR file or another IBI sample file? This depends on your level of access within WebFOCUS security. Can you select the folders that you can report from?
If so then select "ibisamp" - the CAR file will be listed.

If the above CAR is not an option follow the steps below

1) In InfoAssist select a few columns - using the CAR File - > COUNTRY MODEL SALES

2) Click DATA TAB

3) Click on Filter
- the screen should appear with the WHERE and Double-click or press F2 to edit!

4) double click - the screen will change to and the fields from your table will be listed.

Do the above steps help out? If might be the "FILTER" your are selecting is under a different TAB.

Thank your for participating in the Focal Point Forum,
Tamra Colangelo
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5

posted Hide Post
No, I do not have access to this CAR file. I tried your steps but they are showing how to add filter to report not a drop down (in document mode from active dashboard prompts) what is needed. In filter ofcourse it is possible to add values from master file but I need them in this active dashboard promt not in simple filter.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Guru
posted Hide Post
Gints,

Here is the link to the Creating Active Technologies Components with InfoAssist.

There are 3 links 1) Report, 2) Graph 3) Dashboard.

There are steps have can be followed to create the above.

Hopefully, this will point you in the right direction.

Thank your for participating in the Focal Point Forum,
Tamra Colangelo
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders