Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]getting a count of items in a column to show in the total row

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]getting a count of items in a column to show in the total row
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Suppose the following is the fex

TABLE FILE CARDS
SUM
CARD_NUMBER
TRANS_AMOUNT
TRANS_DATE
BY MERCH_ID
END

ON TABLE COLUMN-TOTAL will give me the total dollars of the column TRANS_AMOUNT in the total line
I want a count of the CARD_NUMBER field directly under the card number column in the total line in a PDF formatted report.

Suggestions?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MonkeyP,

release 7.7.03M
OS - Linux
HTML, PDF, Excel, Delimited files, Graphs, Dashboards, MRE, Report Caster

Guru
posted Hide Post
Top hit on search "Car Count"

Bottom line is;

CNT.CNTHISFIELD gives you the count of the items (CNTHISFIELD) based on the lowest BY field (SEARCH)

TABLE FILE FOCALPOINT
SUM
CNT.CNTHISFIELD
BY JUST
BY SEARCH
END

WebFOCUS Administrator @ Worldpay FIS
PROD/DEV/TEST: 8204, SANDBOX: 8206 soon - BIP, Reportcaster, Resource Manager, EUM, HyperStage soon, DB: HIVE,Oracle,MSSQL

Posts: 291 | Location: Greater Cincinnati  | Registered: May 11, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have used the CNT prefix operator. The issue there is I get a count column on the report that I don't want there. I want the count of the card numbers to appear as a total count underneath the card number column on the report, in PDF format.
I was able to accomplish this in HTML format using a seperate hold file that calculates this count then use HTML to position this field in the total line.
Trying to figure out how to accomplish it in PDF format.

release 7.7.03M
OS - Linux

Guru
posted Hide Post
TABLE FILE GGSALES
SUM 
     'GGSALES.SALES01.UNITS'
     'GGSALES.SALES01.DOLLARS'
BY 'GGSALES.SALES01.REGION'
BY 'GGSALES.SALES01.ST'
BY 'GGSALES.SALES01.CITY'

ON GGSALES.SALES01.REGION SUBTOTAL CNT. AS '*TOTAL '
HEADING
""
FOOTING
""
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF 
ON TABLE COLUMN-TOTAL AS 'TOTAL' 'GGSALES.SALES01.UNITS' 'GGSALES.SALES01.DOLLARS'
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
END

WebFOCUS Administrator @ Worldpay FIS
PROD/DEV/TEST: 8204, SANDBOX: 8206 soon - BIP, Reportcaster, Resource Manager, EUM, HyperStage soon, DB: HIVE,Oracle,MSSQL

Posts: 291 | Location: Greater Cincinnati  | Registered: May 11, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
That renders a subtotal line at the sort level which I don't want.

I want something to look similar to what follows:

MERCH_ID  CARD_NUMBER          TRANS_AMOUNT
1         aaaaaaaa             10.00
          bbbbbbbb              2.00
2         xxxxxxxx             16.00
3         nnnnnnnn             20.00
          cccccccc              8.00
          yyyyyyyy             10.00
TOTAL        6                 66.00

release 7.7.03M
OS - Linux

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
[SOLVED]Found the answer in a post from 2007. I suppose it is all in the way you search from day to day. Couldn't find anything yesterday but today I found an older post.
Create a fex that counts distinct card numbers and creates an &er variable that can be used in the footer of the second report.

Thanks, Dan for answering my posts.

release 7.7.03M
OS - Linux