Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]Not all Reports are sent through ReportCaster

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]Not all Reports are sent through ReportCaster
 Login/Join

posted
Hello everyone,

I have the following problem:

There is a job scheduled within the ReportCaster that sends out an Excel report (15MB large) to six users. However, the distribution fails and only three users receive the report.

The explanation for the failure is: The distribution failed: IOException while sending message.

After doing some research, I have figured out that the IOException is often related to Java issues. Yet, I do not understand what the specific reason may be. Has anybody else had this issue before?

Thanks for your help!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

Master
posted Hide Post
Do you have access to the Administration Console in WebFOCUS, or know someone who does? In there is a "Diagnostics" section, under which there is a "Traces" folder. In that folder there are ReportCaster log files with detailed error messages. There might be a clue or two in one of those log files that might help you troubleshoot the issue.

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 594 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 04, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
What version of WF are you using? Does it happen if you send a very small report to the same distribution list or only when you send the large Excel report?

Also, double check the distribution list and make sure you don't have a typo in any of the email addresses.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
<Emily McAllister>
posted
Hi clde and welcome to the Focal Point Forums!

An IOException could be caused by a number of things. I know that ReportCaster sometimes throws IOExceptions if there is an issue with a file being read-only or other permissions issues blocking it from running correctly. However there are many other things that could be the cause of it.
Like Squatch suggested, I would look to the logs to see if you can find more detailed information. If you can provide them we will be more able to help you.

Please let me know if you need any assistance.
Thanks,
Emily McAllister
Focal Point Moderator

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Clde,

Sometime back, we had a similar issue receiving files more than 15MB because our mail servers are configured in such a way that throwing out the emails more than 15MB, you may need to contact network team.

Are all the 6 users from the same location and using the same mail servers?

-Rifaz

WebFOCUS 7.7.x and 8.x

Posts: 406 | Location: India | Registered: June 13, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone,

Thanks for help. I will look further into your suggestions.